Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #826
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
As always, except for the pinch to zoom gesture for changing the font size. It changes the brightness instead.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:25 AM   #827
Kirek50
Kirek50 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3, TouchLux 3, Nook STGL
Do I need to reinstall and reconfigure the CR 3 after update firmware? I saw the latest version of cr3-v0.0.6-17-62.1-pro5-AllUpdate. Will it be okay?
Kirek50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2020, 08:10 AM   #828
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
No, it should stay installed as it was.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #829
Kirek50
Kirek50 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3, TouchLux 3, Nook STGL
Thanks for your help, LucyOne.
Kirek50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 11:50 AM   #830
MerijnB
MerijnB began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm trying to install cool reader on my Pocketbook Touch HD3, but I can't get it working.
I've downgraded the firmware of my Pocketbook back to 5.19, and copied all files into the system folder as described. I've tried both the version from https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...eader/releaseshttps://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...eader/releasesand the version found a few pages back (from this post), but I can't find the application anywhere on my Pocketbook.

Can anyone give me some tips please? Thanks in advance!
MerijnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #831
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
If you look carefully into the posts of this thread you will find out, that there is no application to find. extensions.cfg could be a clue too.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 03-15-2021 at 01:12 PM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:19 AM   #832
EveRman
EveRman began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerijnB View Post
I'm trying to install cool reader on my Pocketbook Touch HD3, but I can't get it working.
I've downgraded the firmware of my Pocketbook back to 5.19, and copied all files into the system folder as described. I've tried both the version from https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...eader/releaseshttps://github.com/blchinezu/pocketb...eader/releasesand the version found a few pages back (from this post), but I can't find the application anywhere on my Pocketbook.

Can anyone give me some tips please? Thanks in advance!
Do not downgrade. I have the last version of the firmware and the CoolReader works perfectly.
I will explain how to install the CoolReader. Just I need some time. Please stand-by.
EveRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:15 PM   #833
EveRman
EveRman began at the beginning.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j7j5ngb4z...ZhBsUuVma?dl=0

Download the file from the link above.
It is little bigger size, because I added some fonts. The other stuff is untouched.

Extract the files from the archive.
Connect the Touch HD3 E-Reader to a Windows computer via cable.
Copy each folder, sub folder and file from the extracted "System" folder to its respective place in the directories on the E-Reader. If there a question for "Overwrite" appears just click "Yes". After everything from the extracted archive is copied to the e-book reader, disconnect from the computer. Restart the reader and you should be able to open a book via CoolReader either by clicking on it in your library or by holding your finger on a book /open with../ Cool Reader option.

I am with the latest Firmware - 6.1.900 and the Cool reader Works like a charm

Good Luck
EveRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #834
MerijnB
MerijnB began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveRman View Post

It is little bigger size, because I added some fonts. The other stuff is untouched.

Copy each folder, sub folder and file from the extracted "System" folder to its respective place in the directories on the E-Reader. If there a question for "Overwrite" appears just click "Yes". After everything from the extracted archive is copied to the e-book reader, disconnect from the computer. Restart the reader and you should be able to open a book via CoolReader either by clicking on it in your library or by holding your finger on a book /open with../ Cool Reader option.

Good Luck

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. I've got it working and going to try it out vs koreader
MerijnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:15 PM   #835
mihhim
Enthusiast
mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.mihhim walks where angels fear to fly.

Device: pocketbook 623
I would like that the Сoolreader could work with the Japanese as it can work with Chinese. I tried to edit the files chars.dic and words.dic in the folder "chn". But adding Japanese chars and words doesn't change anything. I think the file chars.dic has a complicated structure. Could anyone help me know how can be added Japanese chars and words?
mihhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #836
islufe
islufe began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 632, Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveRman View Post

Good Luck
Hello, I have done what you indicate and when trying to open a book from the menu "open with" coolreader it seems that it is going to start the page refreshes but coolreader does not open.
I have PB632 with firmware 6.4.466
Thank you very much for your help
sorry for my english, I 'am Spanish
islufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:47 AM   #837
islufe
islufe began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 632, Touch HD3
tnanks, it's started
Nice day
islufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:32 AM   #838
Sanrokiz
Sanrokiz began at the beginning.

Device: Basic Lux 3 (PB617)
Im looking for CoolReader for Basic Lux 3 (firmware: V.6.6.304).
I tested version cr3-v0.0.6-17-62.1-pro5.zip and version 6.31 for PB Touch HD 3 - but i have trouble (dont work functions: "Table of Contents" and "goto page").
Sanrokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:17 PM   #839
JeivCH
JeivCH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite // PB 970 // pocketbook color 2 // Libra h2o
I have a pb 970 (Firmware u970.6.5.2897) and im looking for a good coolreader for my Ebook.
JeivCH is offline   Reply With Quote