Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2021, 11:00 PM   #1
andhistablet
andhistablet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3rd Gen
Kindle PDF Cover Disappearing

Hey all, I have searched this at length and have not found an answer to my issue, so please direct me to the thread if an answer exists.

The issue is that PDF files are not showing the cover assigned to them from Calibre 5.13.0 to the Kindle Oasis 3rd gen.

I am aware of the cover destruction that happens with azw3 and mobi files, which is corrected after the Kindle is disconnected and reconnected to Calibre. However, this issue is not resolved with that method.

I have also tried adjusting the ID in the metadata to associated Kindle books on Amazon, but that does not help either. Additionally, most of my PDF files do not have Kindle version equivalents.

Is there any answer for this issue, or any other information about my application of system needed? Thank you all in advance for your help!
andhistablet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid there is no known workaround for amazon's skullduggery for PDF files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:58 PM   #3
andhistablet
andhistablet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3rd Gen
Thank you for the response, but even more for the amazing software! Have a great day my friend.
andhistablet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cover, kindle, pdf