Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 03:23 PM   #181
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post

Continued work on the book cover as screen saver feature. Still not yet enabled. (EREADER_CURATOR_BOOK_COVERS_307723)
Doesn't this sound that it is very likely that amazon will enable this feature in the near future?

Why would they have included that line otherwise?
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #182
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Doesn't this sound that it is very likely that amazon will enable this feature in the near future?

Why would they have included that line otherwise?
That feature first appeared in firmware version 5.12.4 which came out over a year ago. There have been six more Kindle firmware release since then and the book cover screensaver is still not active.

I used to think that it was coming soon. Now I don't know if they are ever going to release it.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:25 PM   #183
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That feature first appeared in firmware version 5.12.4 which came out over a year ago. There have been six more Kindle firmware release since then and the book cover screensaver is still not active.

I used to think that it was coming soon. Now I don't know if they are ever going to release it.
Oh dear, that doesn't sound promising.

I wish amazon cared about the kindle the way they used to!
Old 04-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #184
kalyy
Enthusiast
kalyy began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:

Over at reddit people from India an Mexico are reporting that they have this option available.
https://www.reddit.com/comments/mnk02h
kalyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:56 PM   #185
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyy View Post
Over at reddit people from India an Mexico are reporting that they have this option available.
https://www.reddit.com/comments/mnk02h
Amazon was waiting for me to express my skepticism before rolling it out.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #186
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Amazon was waiting for me to express my skepticism before rolling it out.
They were also waiting for me to jump ship to Kobo.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:09 PM   #187
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Skepticism, why? I announced it 8 days ago.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote