Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #301
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
5" seems to be the smallest common screen size. Tracfone (and their subsidiary brands Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, Total Wireless, Net10 Wireless) has several 5" phones for $25-40 right now.

Tracfone TCL A1 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $25

Tracfone ZTE Blade T2 Lite 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $30

Tracfone LG Rebel 4 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $30

Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $40

All run Android 8. I'd watch for sales or codes.

Of course, if you really want a tiny screen, the revived Palm has a 3.3" screen. It also runs Android 8.1. It's pricey, though.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 02:18 PM   #302
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thanks for all the research!

I had already checked out the Palm, but it doesn't have a micro-SD slot, and since I want to load it up with music and books, the lack of some sort of expansion memory slot is kind of a deal-breaker for me. Music and books are the two things I loved my old Samsung Galaxy Players for, and I have a lot of books and music that need to live on an SD card . Sigh - otherwise it seems as if it would be great, and refurb/renewed ones aren't too horribly expensive.

I'm also a little chary of ZTE, given their dicey technology export shenanigans, but I'll check out the other two. The Samsung sounds promising - I seem to live in the Samsung universe a lot, and am currently using my husband's old S3 as a placeholder, but it's old and slow, and its Android is so old that a lot of stuff gets messed up on it.

I was also thinking about the BLU Advance A4 with a 4" screen, $40 at Amazon, but it doesn't get great reviews. And it's only Android 6. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
5" seems to be the smallest common screen size. Tracfone (and their subsidiary brands Straight Talk, Simple Mobile, Total Wireless, Net10 Wireless) has several 5" phones for $25-40 right now.

Tracfone TCL A1 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $25

Tracfone ZTE Blade T2 Lite 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $30

Tracfone LG Rebel 4 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $30

Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit 4G LTE Prepaid Cell Phone $40

All run Android 8. I'd watch for sales or codes.

Of course, if you really want a tiny screen, the revived Palm has a 3.3" screen. It also runs Android 8.1. It's pricey, though.

Last edited by sufue; 09-05-2020 at 02:25 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:54 PM   #303
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
When my last cheap mp3 player died, I got one of these to use as my mp3/reader player.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...s%2C176&sr=8-5

It has a replaceble battery, which I replace every year. Like you, I put everything on a sd card so that I have plenty of storage for my ever growing pile of books. I won't get a phone that is less than 5 inches, it's just to hard to read on anything smaller. I would look for a cheap Samsung and call it a day.

Stay away from Blu products, I bought one of their phones and after a year it died!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:15 PM   #304
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
eBay has emailed me a code for 25% off, with a cap at $100.

PARTYFOR25
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:01 AM   #305
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
eBay has emailed me a code for 25% off, with a cap at $100.

PARTYFOR25
That's a good deal, but it's limited to a small number of name-brand sellers:
Quote:
asicsamerica
bissell_homecare_inc
case-mate_inc
ChampionOfficial
crocsoutlet
dirtdevil
dysonoutlet
hanesofficial
hasbro-toy-shop
hoover-outlet-store
jockeystore
kipling_us
officialpumastore
reebok_official
samsonite
Shoesandfashions
snowjoe_factory_outlet
vipoutlet
worxgt
It also expires today if anyone is interested.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:47 AM   #306
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Maybe this iPhone will appeal to some here.

Apple iPhone 6 16GB 4G LTE Unlocked - $69.99

https://www.itechdeals.com/products/...g-lte-unlocked
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #307
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Woot has a special on Paperwhites and Oasis. US only.

https://www.woot.com/plus/amazon-dev...5080_533284310
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:18 PM   #308
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
What's the difference between 2017 Oasis and current model?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #309
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
What's the difference between 2017 Oasis and current model?
The main difference is the current model has frontlight color temperature adjustability.

There is one other significant difference, but I can't think of it offhand. (maybe ability to turn of auto-hibernate.)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #310
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Thank you
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:17 PM   #311
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The main difference is the current model has frontlight color temperature adjustability.

There is one other significant difference, but I can't think of it offhand. (maybe ability to turn of auto-hibernate.)
So it's refurbished, "on sale" at the same price as the current nook GlowLight Plus, but with a smaller screen and no color temperature adjustments? Such a deal!

Last edited by curtw; 09-16-2020 at 06:22 PM.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #312
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
So it's refurbished, "on sale" at the same price as the current nook GlowLight Plus, but with a smaller screen and no color temperature adjustments? Such a deal!
The $200 one has cellular service and both the $200 one and $150 one have 32GB flash memory, so not as bad a deal as you imply.

But I think the odds are very low that the battery has been replaced.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:27 PM   #313
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Since I’ve been wanting to try a 7 or 8 inch screen but wasn’t interested in paying $250 to just “try” I decided to take a chance on the 8 gig for $119. My first woot purchase so I’m a bit nervous about the purchase. Fingers crossed.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:32 PM   #314
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This thread is closed until 01 Jan 2021. Please post all deals in the Black Friday 2020 thread.

thanks, tm

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-15-2020 at 03:16 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:07 AM   #315
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The Echo Dot is currently on sale for $29.99. With a trade-in, it would knock the price down to $17.50 which strikes me as a very good value indeed. I’m happy enough with my Gen 3 Dots, but if I had a Gen 2 hanging around, I’d go for it.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07XJ8C8F5?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote