Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #1
hamers
Enthusiast
hamers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (6", 4GB)
add different metadata (year, etc) in the View Details tab?

Hi all - good friday to you.

I have a question about the view details tab on the Kobo (i'm using a Clara but believe its the same across the devices). I only see a few pieces of metadata when I view, such as language, file size and format:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2018-10-19_08-36-57.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	167021

I use calibre to transfer books over. Is there a way to show more data here - such as, say, series. Or most importantly for me, publication year (i like to orient myself to year, it helps understand author, writing style, etc) and more? Thank you.
hamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, the Kobo doesn't read all the available metadata when importing the books. But, you can use my Kobo Utilities plugin to do this. Select the books you want to update in the calibre library and run "Update metadata in device library".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
hamers
Enthusiast

That worked, thanks! Anyway to do that by default every time I upload a book (I know i can store bookmarks on connect, but not metadata).
Old 10-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No there isn't a way to run this automatically. It is a fairly expensive thing to do each time you connect, so it would add a lot of time. But, if it I do automate it, it will be added to the driver with fewer options.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
hamers
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No there isn't a way to run this automatically. It is a fairly expensive thing to do each time you connect, so it would add a lot of time. But, if it I do automate it, it will be added to the driver with fewer options.
Understood. Maybe an option to just set it whenever you "Send to Device". Thanks again!
Advert
Old 10-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamers View Post
Understood. Maybe an option to just set it whenever you "Send to Device". Thanks again!
Don't worry, when I get to it, it will definitely be optional.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #7
hamers
Enthusiast

Thank you. And (assuming you're the author) thank you thank you thank you for Calibre. one of the greatest treasures we have.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not the calibre author. That is Kovid. I maintain the Kobo related drivers, plus several other plugins.