Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
dancarr
dancarr began at the beginning.

Device: n/a
New Horizons by Dan Carr ---exclusive to amazon

Hi,
my name is Dan Carr and I'd like to promote my first e-book called "New Horizons." It's a general YA fiction novel from the perspective of a 17-year-old teenager named Val who is taken from her home and sent to a facility for troubled youth. Val is a jaded, stubborn, and pessimistic teenager, and the story follows her outlook on the program and her opinions of the other residents of "New Horizons".

I just posted my novel a few days ago and it is exclusive to amazon right now. I also put the novel in Kindle Unlimited, so I hope you can read it through that.

I'm looking for feedback of the novel cover, the blurb (which needs work), and of course the novel content itself.

Here is a link to the novel---- http://www.amazon.com/New-Horizons-D...=new+horizons]

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by dancarr; 01-15-2016 at 08:51 PM.
dancarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Dan,

Here's my take, after a quick read:
  • The blurb's in need of a good editor (so I imagine the book is, too, and I'm not tempted to read further). What needs editing? Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure.
  • The cover's attractive, but in combination with the book's title and blurb, it implies this might be a sci-fi novel (although your description and Amazon's category tags indicate it's not).

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
dancarr
dancarr began at the beginning.

Device: n/a
Sweet--thanks for the reply. Currently working on the blurb! Thanks!
dancarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ya fiction