Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
contrarymary
contrarymary began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Unhappy Problems with the touchscreen on my PRS-350

I bought my PRS-350 in January and have loved it until now! The problem is that the touchscreen has been finnicky lately. Starting a couple of weeks ago, sometimes when I touched to open a book in Home it would take a couple of tries before something would happen. More recently, I would touch a book in the center row (Books) in Home, and something else would select and open, like All Notes in the row below.

I know that the touch screen on the 350 works with infrared sensors - I'm wondering if the sensors are not working right or if I've gotten bits of dust or something stuck in the sensors to make them act weird. I called Technical Support and they just told me to restart the device and if that didn't work, to send it in for maintenance.

Any suggestions?
contrarymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

It wouldn't hurt to wipe around the edge of the screen with a dry micro-fibre cloth. That's where the IR sensors are located. I've occasionally gotten crumbs or other small debris on the screen and had it go nuts rapidly turning pages! Cleaning it stopped the problem.
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I agree that cleaning it with the micro-fiber cloth should do the trick.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screen defect, sony prs 350, touch