Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
igormorgado
Reader
igormorgado began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
large (9+ inches / a4 sized) e-book recomendations!

Heya. Lean and mean.

Im looking to my first e-reader and need some advice here goes my list of needs (in order)

1. No Glare (MUST)
2. Read pdf and open formats (MUST)
3. Not tied to a online account (MUST)
4. Large battery life (in page flips not working hours) (MUST)
5. Interchangeble SD or anykind of external midia (MUST)
6. USB port to mount as an external disk device (to upload books) (MUST)
7. Runs on Linux or at least android (MUST)
8. Organize books in folders and collections (MUST)
9. Annotations input (WISH)
10. Dictionary english, portuguese, french, german, spanish (WISH)
11. Capacitive touch screen (WISH) or full qwerty keyboard for input
12. WiFi (WiSH)
13. bluetooth (WISH)

its mostly to read math, and computer science books, not for anime, comics or magazines.

At my desktop/notebook im using Calibre to organize my collections

And if (only if) we dont have a good 9+ inches with that descriptions a 7 must do the job ;-)

thank you in advance...
igormorgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
If you find a device with all that features, tell me! I am looking basically for something similar. I am afraid such a device does not exist, yet!
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
igormorgado
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldencore View Post
If you find a device with all that features, tell me! I am looking basically for something similar. I am afraid such a device does not exist, yet!
That is bad.. they all (manufactures) know what we want.. why they dont do it?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
1-8 10,12 and 13 = PocketBook 903 (in Europe)

9 is coming 11 isnt but its got wacom stylus input

Hanvon will have its new one out soon. They will offer the first color e-ink as well as the same device in B+W. not sure in which countries it will be available. IT will cover all of that except bluetooth.

Onyx Boox M90 will be available in May. Pre-order will begin middle of April. 1-10 and 12 wacom stylus, no bluetooth.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 01-28-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
igormorgado
Reader

First of all ty for the amazing reply.

I really liked the Hanvon and it is color. Being color does it draw more power from battery? or it has the same capacity something like 7000-9000 pageflips?

Bluetooth isnt NEEDED, it my LAST requirement ;-)

Cheers...
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
igormorgado
Reader

what is the hanvon model number?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I want to know the refresh rate on Havon's color e-ink. My guess is that page turning is going to take a while, more then a second ro two, and that it is going to be very expensive.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the page turns are about a second give or take with a full color pdf( on the prototype non-streamlined or complete firmware). cost is supposed to be about $440 but it wont be sold in the US probably only in China. battery life is still around 7000 page turns if im remembering correctly.

I have a note that the grayscale version is the Wisereader E920 but i cant seem to find the model for the color. The color is not expected before May.

More info about the E920
Old 01-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard

you can see a page turn on the prototype in these video

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 01-28-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
igormorgado
Reader

I could not see e920 anywhere to sell.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard

its not out yet. its expected to be available by June
Old 01-29-2011, 12:59 AM   #12
igormorgado
Reader

Since my wishes will be pleased only in a near future AND I need a ereader asap I'm going to stick with Pocketbook pro 902. Someone have bought this device in any trustable company that ships worldwide? (brazil).
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 AM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Have you looked at the Entourage Edge? I don't have one but I think it meets most, if not all of your requirements.
Good luck!
www.entourageedge.com

Last edited by Filark; 01-29-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: added website for EE
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by igormorgado View Post
Since my wishes will be pleased only in a near future AND I need a ereader asap I'm going to stick with Pocketbook pro 902. Someone have bought this device in any trustable company that ships worldwide? (brazil).

We can ship to Brazil. click the link below vvv