Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
mirkob
mirkob began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy nexus
calibre companion not showing some metadata

i have updated both calibre and calibre companion to the last release (0.9.1 and 2.2.2) but still in the book details two metadata are consistently lacking
the languages field and a custom column...
anyone know why it is so and how to correct it?
mirkob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkob View Post
i have updated both calibre and calibre companion to the last release (0.9.1 and 2.2.2) but still in the book details two metadata are consistently lacking
the languages field and a custom column...
anyone know why it is so and how to correct it?
Not showing the languages field is an oversight. I will add it to CC. It will show the international 3-letter language code(s).

All custom columns should show. My guess is that there is something in the column's definition that is unusual enough that CC doesn't handle it. Can you give me the details for the missing column? Best would be a screen capture of the column's definition (preferences -> add your own columns, click on the column, then click on the blue "i" button). If this screen capture isn't possible, then post all the details of the column's definition, including which boxes are checked and any optional format information.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
mirkob

screenshot

the language field is already correct in 2.3 tank you very much!

about the custom field it's quite simple, see the attacched screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot at 2012-10-12 10:32:59.png
Views:	356
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	93976  
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm... I have lots of columns like that and they all work.

Does the column for the book in question actually have data in it? Empty cells aren't shown in the details. If the cell has data, could you post the contents? I can't see why there would be any data sensitivity, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
mirkob

you can see some example in the background of the previous screenshot, or better on the new one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot at 2012-10-12 13:01:03.png
Views:	445
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	93979  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the information.

I have found and fixed the bug. The fix will be in the next CC release. I don't know yet when that release will be made, but probably early next week. And don't ask what was broken. The mistake is too embarrassing to admit that I made it.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks for the information.

I have found and fixed the bug. The fix will be in the next CC release. I don't know yet when that release will be made, but probably early next week. And don't ask what was broken. The mistake is too embarrassing to admit that I made it.
An oops!
I was starting to wonder if you were human
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
An oops!
I was starting to wonder if you were human
Yes, an oops. A very idiotic oops at that.

We just released CC 2.3.1 with the fix and one other to (try to) better handle memory in severely-constrained devices.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
mirkob

thanks, download and all working great!

and don't worry, as a linux and network sysadmin i had many oops!! of imbarrasing proportion