Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
nachtxeule
Enthusiast
nachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3.
Website to track your library, read list, bookmarks [works on mobile phones]

i just thought i'd help those who can't figure out a way to track their library, read list, bookmarks and of course getting a recommendation, so here it is

goodreads.com

enjoy!

(no i don't work for the site, i just think that it's very useful for a lot of us)
nachtxeule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Actually I prefer LibraryThing...

Last edited by jgaiser; 08-18-2010 at 06:15 PM.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I prefer goodreads, but I have a friend who prefers weread.com. Shelfari is another popular one.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
I'm currently trying out different sites to figure out which one I like best. I was using weread through Facebook, but decided I didn't like the setup for my library. I'm using goodreads and shelfari, but thank you jgaiser for Library Thing! I'm going to have to check that out too.

goodreads is nice, and I like it best for the library organization. However, I think it's a bit lacking on the social networking side, and am trying to find a solution that keeps the strong organization but allows for more networking.. I also don't like goodreads' (and shelfari, for that matter) interface into FB.

The exploration continues...
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
hrickh
Enthusiast
hrickh began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800, EeePC 4G Surf
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
I prefer goodreads, but I have a friend who prefers weread.com. Shelfari is another popular one.
I've been using Shelfari and like it.

R.
==
hrickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I'm a big fan of librarything. One of my friends just got into goodreads, im going to have to look into that one. But I've never heard of shelfari
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Back in March, I got fed-up with my desktop book-tracking software (Delicious Library) after an update trashed my custom fields and covers. And it did a lousy job with e-Books vs p- Books anyway.

So I tested Goodreads, LibraryThing, and Internet Book Database and settled on Goodreads. I was not aware of Shelfari. And I'm too lazy to move 400+ books now.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
nachtxeule
Enthusiast
nachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
So I tested Goodreads, LibraryThing, and Internet Book Database and settled on Goodreads. I was not aware of Shelfari. And I'm too lazy to move 400+ books now.
don't worry, shelfari is just pretty but lacks a lot of features

it's just like apple vs pc
nachtxeule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtxeule View Post
don't worry, shelfari is just pretty but lacks a lot of features
I just realized that. I created an account and tried to add the 2 books I'm reading right now - both recent bestsellers. It wasn't a painless experience, and there were no accurate e-Book records for the titles. So I can now rest easy knowing that I've made the right choice for me.

I've been impressed by the Goodreads community's attempt to create a really clean database with volunteer help. It's not perfect, but it feels user-driven, and I'm doing my own part to add the e-Book counterparts to the database as I am able.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Shelfari is owned by Amazon so you would think it's listings would be comprehensive and easy to operate.

Library Thing is minority owned by Amazon.

Goodreads is private with private equity investors.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #11
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I use Shelfari mainly to categorize my books. It is great to find if a book is part of a series and where it falls in that series. I just checked out goodreads and you can't search on a series name, to bring up the books in the series! That's a serious shortfall to me.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 AM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I use Shelfari mainly to categorize my books. It is great to find if a book is part of a series and where it falls in that series. I just checked out goodreads and you can't search on a series name, to bring up the books in the series! That's a serious shortfall to me.

-Marcy
That's changing. Series field has already been added, and search is coming (I think). Anyway, now you can see the books in a series (if data are OK, of course, like at every place).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I use Calibre
On my PC
Where I can keep a firm eye on it !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote