Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
User Dictionary Question

I would like to know if there's a way to have spell check NOT take account of specific user dictionaries.

Example: In one set of books, there are names that are 'off' from regular names or words. Wolfe instead of Wolf; Aarone or Arone instead of Aaron; Cariline instead of Caroline. I want a user dictionary for that series, but I don't want it "active" for other books where those would be spelling mistakes. So far, it seems that all of my user dictionaries are always active.

I'd of course also love if spelling suggestions could show from the user dictionaries, but I seem to remember reading that that wasn't possible.

Thanks for any info, even if to say not possible!
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MerlinMama - you can activate/deactivate User Dictionaries via the Preferences->Editor Settings->Manage spelling dictionaries->Manage user dictionaries checkbox at top of word list on the right.

It would be nice to be able to do it from within the spell checker dialogue. Whilst you can get to preferences when spell checker is active, activating/deactivating won't take effect until you restart the spell checker.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-02-2015 at 11:07 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 AM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Ugh, you have no idea how many times since we've gotten spell check, and I noticed all user dictionaries are active, that I've gone in to see if I could only use one or two. I have NEVER seen that little check box until you mentioned. Before asking my question yesterday, I even went in to look around in case there had been changes since my last look around.

I hate when I do things like that...

Thank you so much though for answering me. I'm going to go bang my head on the wall now.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, user dictionary