Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2021, 08:55 PM   #16
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
If you want to see reviews before you buy into something, why do you buy it before seeing any reviews?

I'm sure it will be a fine device. But looking for reviews to tell you what you just bought after you have already bought it reminds me of the way Congress passes bills these days.
Because we ordered it a while ago and are eagerly waiting for it. Watching reviews is way to fill that waiting time. And we can send it back if we don’t like it.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:20 AM   #17
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:01 AM   #18
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
I'm hoping to get mine this weekend, but no shipping notification yet. And I don't know if it will be shipped today, but I'm hoping it will.

I'm really curious to see the screen next to the Paperwhite 4.

And I love all the review videos. It fills the time.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:16 AM   #19
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There are also a lot of reviews and pictures popping up on the Kindle sub-reddit now:

-> https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:00 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Got my brand new Kids Edition Kindle Paperwhite. First off, there was a screen about accepting the Kindle Kids or whatever it is, with no button to get out of the screen. I set it down with the cover closed. When I came back, the screen was gone, was in the main screen. Side loaded my fonts, but Calibre did not pick it up. Too new? I don't know. I hope there will be a way to get it to work because I am on Win7 and can't update Calibre.

Screen and lighting is beautiful!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:02 PM   #21
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Hoe does the screen compares to Voyage and PW4 ? Is it plastic like PW4 or glass like the Voyage?
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:12 PM   #22
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
...Calibre did not pick it up. Too new? I don't know. I hope there will be a way to get it to work because I am on Win7 and can't update Calibre.
No old version of Calibre is going to recognize your new PW, unfortunately. Support for a new device is only added to the newest version.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:38 PM   #23
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I’m interested in how the screen compares to the Voyage, PW4, and the Oasis, if anyone has the new Paperwhite and any of those devices please.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:25 PM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PW4 left, PW5 center, Voyage right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211027_151609027_HDR.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	189925  

Last edited by booklover6; 10-30-2021 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #25
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

booklover6 could I ask what devices are in the picture please? Thanks
Old 10-27-2021, 03:40 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

My pics aren't the greatest, sorry. The paperwhite 4 is on the left, the new Paperwhite 5 is in the center, the Voyage is on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211027_153510805_HDR.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	189926  

Last edited by booklover6; 10-30-2021 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:43 PM   #27
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My pics aren't the greatest, sorry. The paperwhite 4 is on the left, the new Paperwhite 5 is in the center, the Voyage is on the right.
. Pictures are great. Thanks for taking them.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:48 PM   #28
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
thank you for taking the pictures. the PW5 screen looks good, although with it having a 6.8 screen the device is noticeably bigger.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:49 PM   #29
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Thank you, your pics are really good and I'm a little relived to see the PW5 being better than the PW4 on these pics.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #30
Drybonz
Connoisseur
Drybonz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
My Paperwhite 2015 screen had a more textured, soft feel. My 2021 Paperwhite has a more smooth, tablet-ish feel. The new one looks and feels better to me... I also like that it is flush with the bezel. I'm also really liking the USBC port, as I can now pack away one more cable.
Drybonz is offline   Reply With Quote