Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur
Alan Baxter doesn't litterAlan Baxter doesn't litter

Device: Laptop for now, iPhone soon.
I'm sure you'll write more.
Alan Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #17
Winter
Enthusiast
Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Asus EeePC
I'm working on things, although I don't think it's quite your genre. My main thing besides STREET is a sweet medieval fantasy action romp with more grit than a bowl of gravel, called Written In Blood. That one's really going to knock 'em dead when it's published.

Regards,
Ryan
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #18
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Just bought it from Smashwords. I'll probably start it tonight since I'm waiting for the formatting to be fixed on Dead Pigeons.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:18 AM   #19
Winter
Enthusiast
Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Just bought it from Smashwords. I'll probably start it tonight since I'm waiting for the formatting to be fixed on Dead Pigeons.
Excellent, I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #20
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

I started the book last night and so far I really like it. I like how it jumped into the action without a long lead in.

I'm looking forward to it and would have put a big dent in it, but my wife made me turn off my reader at ~1am

So far I highly recommend it.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #21
Winter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
I started the book last night and so far I really like it. I like how it jumped into the action without a long lead in.

I'm looking forward to it and would have put a big dent in it, but my wife made me turn off my reader at ~1am

So far I highly recommend it.
I'm glad you're enjoying it already, and I hope you'll find the rest of the book as good as the beginning. Maybe even the rest of the series.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome to all of you!
I can't keep up with all of the generous free books you are offering us. Just remember that half of us can't read Kindle-only formats. EPub Rules!

THANKS for the books!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
Winter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Welcome to all of you!
I can't keep up with all of the generous free books you are offering us. Just remember that half of us can't read Kindle-only formats. EPub Rules!

THANKS for the books!
Say what? I do offer non-Kindle formats, so this post has confused me quite completely...

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #24
animedude01
Addict

I just finished the first book and loved it. I really like techno-punk and it reminded me a lot of Gibson's books, which I also like.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #25
animedude01
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Welcome to all of you!

THANKS for the books!
The book is available in epub format. In fact, it's available as html, mobi, epub, pdf, rtf, lrf, pdb, and txt, so pick your poison No stinkin' DRM either!

It's not technically "free" on smashwords, but for $2, you can't go wrong. I think it's worth more, myself.

It's here: smashwords link
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Here's an idea I've been tossing around for a Street: Empathy cover. It uses the international symbol for 'empathy' as a central iconic image, and you could carry through this central iconic theme for each part of the trilogy, and complement each change with a background colour change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	streetempathysmall.png
Views:	247
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	34512  
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #27
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Smashwords for the win with multi format ebooks.

Here are mine, multiple formats and one of them is free!

RealmShift - dark fantasy thriller, only $3.50

MageSign - sequel to RealmShift, only $3.50

Ghost Of The Black: A 'Verse Full of Scum - free dark fantasy/sci fi novella

Sorry to hijack your thread, Ryan!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:06 AM   #28
Winter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Here's an idea I've been tossing around for a Street: Empathy cover. It uses the international symbol for 'empathy' as a central iconic image, and you could carry through this central iconic theme for each part of the trilogy, and complement each change with a background colour change.
I quite like that! It's well-designed, simple and effective.

There'll be an omnibus with the whole trilogy in, once it's finished, and I can just imagine combining the three symbols onto one cover. I may have to badger you about that sometime.

Alan: Get your own thread!

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-20-2009, 02:15 AM   #29
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Sorry Ryan, I've put that info back into my own thread. I'll leave yours alone now!

*backs quietly towards the door*

Old 08-20-2009, 03:28 AM   #30
Winter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
Sorry Ryan, I've put that info back into my own thread. I'll leave yours alone now!

*backs quietly towards the door*

Yeah, you better run!

Maybe I'll come over and spam some of my links. I just might...

Regards,
Ryan