Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Cybook doesn't remember configuration ! [Solved]

Hi all !
I didn't find this issue, so here I am !
Since yesterday, my Cybook has a problem : When turned off, then on, it persists to ask the language, then presents my books with the default configuration (i.e. 5 files per page, sort by title), even if I choose 20 per page and sort by file path.
I think a file from the system is corrupted, but which one ?
Thanks for your help, it's pretty... annoying !

Last edited by Idoine; 03-19-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like a corrupt file system. Do a "chkdsk".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Idoine
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sounds like a corrupt file system. Do a "chkdsk".
Thanks for the idea, but I tried, and no improvement !

Edit : I made a backup of the system folder some days ago, maybe I could try to replace the seemingly corrupted one by it ? How could I ? I read somewhere to put it on a SD card and reboot the Cybook...

Last edited by Idoine; 03-19-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
If you have a backup of the system folder you can always reformat the partition (as FAT32) and recreate the directories. Remember to take backup of your books and fonts also.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
Thanks for the idea, but I tried, and no improvement !

Edit : I made a backup of the system folder some days ago, maybe I could try to replace the seemingly corrupted one by it ? How could I ? I read somewhere to put it on a SD card and reboot the Cybook...

that's the operation for loading in the firmware.

Did the 'problem' start after you backed up, or before?

Someone else can confirm, but I would suspect the System files can just be copied onto the Cybook directly, in other words the reverse of how you backed them up.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Idoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If you have a backup of the system folder you can always reformat the partition (as FAT32) and recreate the directories. Remember to take backup of your books and fonts also.
That did the trick, thanks !
It was long (I saved all my folders, and it seems some corrupted files slowed a lot the processus !), but now it seems to be returned to "normal" !

@ GeoffC : Yes, I read the notice and it was only for the update !
As I said, I prefered to format, to have a clean base !
Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Phew -

I've never had to reformat the partition, only the SD card Bookeen sent me !

Glad you have it sorted, enjoy the reading experience ....
Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
Idoine

I confess I was rather nervous !
As my ebooks make a size, now, I had prepared a copy of all the other folders, and an empty eBooks folder, to paste a complete tree but as small as possible !
Then, I tried with that, and my sighs of relief was a biiig one, when first it started normally, and second kept its configuration when restarted !
I only had, then, to paste all my ebooks in their folders !

Now I know it's possible, it's pretty interesting that a restore is so simple !
Old 03-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
GeoffC

simplicity, that's the Cybook ......