Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #16
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Eink devices are generally bad for web browsing. The best combination would be an eink device as a computer monitor. The next best thing (which I am in fact doing right now) is an eink device paired with a BT keyboard.

Naked Browser for Android uses many known keyboard shortcuts. There might be other browsers that might be good, best probably some browser that runs in a terminal emulator, if you can install those.

Last edited by mobama; 05-24-2018 at 10:14 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #17
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PC/Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Eink devices are generally bad for web browsing. The best combination would be an eink device as a computer monitor. The next best thing (which I am in fact doing right now) is an eink device paired with a BT keyboard.
I know they are clunky, but I want to give it a try. Eventually I'd like a monitor, but I would also like a handheld device. I'm very interested in the Onyx or one of the other top ones. A BT keyboard makes sense!

Edit: I'm seriously thinking of going for the Boox Max2 since I could hold it or mount it as a monitor.

Last edited by Techno; 05-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno View Post
Can you tell me more about Amoled? Is it affordable? Can you use it for web browsing for hours?
Check the wiki for AMOLED for the technology and then over on the left there is an entry that says: What links here. Tap this to see pages that reference this page included products that use this screen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote