Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Larger system/menu font?

I'm prepping a Nook First Edition for my uncle, and it doesn't seem like there's any way to change the font size for menus, the library and such. Am I missing anything? Is it maybe possible to swap in a font that's larger by default?

He's a technophobe anyway, so I'm worried that if he has to strain to see the options, on top of getting through electronic menus, he's not going to end up using the device.

The Nook is rooted and I can access it via ADB, so if it's a matter of pulling a file, editing, and pushing it back, I have the tools but am not all that familiar with them, so I would need all the actual commands.

Any help is appreciated.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I found this method to change the system fonts. Does anyone know of a better set of fonts to use, that would display larger or more readably?
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
I would suggest ”Century Schoolbook L” and ”Cambria” as two higly-readable cursive fonts and ”Calibri” as a technical font.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote