Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #91
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by boznia View Post
Thanks very much, I have a small issue though in that I cannot turn my kobo wifi off. It is cycling the squares on the 'Read On' screen. I have tried holding the power off button for 30 seconds and have got it to stop cycling the squares, but it does not seem to fully power off.
Remember an eInk screen does not use any power to display an image. When you force it off, whatever was last on the screen will remain there.

Regards,
David
Old 06-06-2014, 03:31 AM   #92
boznia
boznia began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
Thanks, I think I stupidly assumed it would act the same as my kindle which seems to power off to a blank screen.

Anyway, the great opening up of the kobo will begin tonight, fingers crossed I have the right one for the image!

I will keep you posted as you have been such a help.
Advert
Old 06-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #93
nicmal
nicmal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
Hi All, bit of a long shot and probable added to the wrong place but replacing the image hasn't worked for me any other ideas for a frozen Kobo Wifi?
thanks all
Old 06-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #94
boznia

I imaged a new sd card and popped it in.

I can't get the thing starting now. It is on the same read on screen it was on before I took the old SD card out. I have tried holding down the on button and resetting ( not sure I have tried every simple combination with the home button ) but I can't get it to 'roll the squares'.

Am I doing something wrong? I am on the 2nd 'new' image and nothing happens.

The blue light comes on when I hold down on and the red light comes on if I plug it in. PC does not recognise anything and didn't when the squares used to roll.

Any advice out there?

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #95
boznia

I put the original sd card back in and it gets me back to the flashing squares, perhaps I should just keep trying as many images as I can get my hands on.

If anyone has a 1.8 image or something between original and 1.9 I would really appreciate a copy of it.

Thanks so much.
Advert
Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #96
ptrsnja
ptrsnja began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
I was given an N647 with 1.9.11 firmware on it that doesn't work. Can you please send me the link to download the image?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #97
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #98
Makumata
Makumata began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N647B
I have the same problem with my Kobo WiFi N647 (in Czech Republic). Could DavidFor please send me a link to the SD card image download. Than you.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 AM   #99
chazkookie
chazkookie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
Smile

HI DavidFor could you also send the link to the SD image to me? I have the same problem with my kobo
Old 06-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #100
Cullikid
Cullikid began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
Hi, I wonder if I too could ask for the link for the SD firmware.

Many thanks.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #102
Neophyle
Neophyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Hello Davidfor,

Yes, yet another request for Kobo Wireless SD image.

Received factory-refurbished Kobo. Looked good. Connected. It did WiFi update. Can no longer browse, copy books, anything. Sigh.

So help is appreciated, mate.

:-)
Old 06-17-2014, 02:34 AM   #103
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #104
MaRiO78
MaRiO78 began at the beginning.

Device: N647
I have the same problem with my Kobo WiFi N647

Would it be possible to get a copy of the SD card image for the Kobo Wifi, Please
Old 06-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #105
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi