Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #151
flyx
flyx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyou T80
Can someone guide me how to add dictionary app data ??

Last edited by flyx; 10-23-2018 at 04:09 PM.
flyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:16 PM   #152
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
The Dictionary can't use standalone,
it use when you read book , look up a word in a book. T_T
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:41 PM   #153
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyx View Post
I generated "Dict" folder and added a database but when i open 'Dictionary' app so it can't find dict files and ask me to add a dictionary for it!
When you click the little gear in the upper left corner, what happens? It should see a dictionary. Select it and save. If you still have problems, make sure the dictionary is in stardict .dict format and in folder /Sdcard/Dict, go to Android Settings, Apps, select dictionary and clear cache. Then try again.

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble. It’s usually very straight forward.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #154
flyx
flyx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyou T80
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduffbrew View Post
When you click the little gear in the upper left corner, what happens? It should see a dictionary. Select it and save. If you still have problems, make sure the dictionary is in stardict .dict format and in folder /Sdcard/Dict, go to Android Settings, Apps, select dictionary and clear cache. Then try again.

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble. It’s usually very straight forward.
1- Stardic isn't installed on likebook
2-when i click on gear it says "No dictionary to check"
3-sorry if i have so much trouble , but it's out of my control
flyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:04 PM   #155
Dimos
Enthusiast
Dimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura about

Device: Boyue likebook
Hi guys can someone tell me how to use the likebook as a monitor with USBNetwork?
I have root and usbnetwork do i need anything else?
Dimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #156
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
What is "USBNetwork"?
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:58 PM   #157
Dimos
Enthusiast
Dimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura aboutDimos has a spectacular aura about

Device: Boyue likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
What is "USBNetwork"?
Hi usbnetwork is an android program that lets you use the ebook reader as a pc monitor through usb
Dimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #158
mo5br
mo5br began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook plus
I have my (Likebook Plus) on (V1.0.2-20180102015) I have never updated it before. I am not sure how to update it to V2.0 without bricking it, since I have noticed a warning on the update page. Could anyone explain step by step how could I get v2.0 on my ebook without bricking it ?

Thanks
mo5br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #159
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
Hi usbnetwork is an android program that lets you use the ebook reader as a pc monitor through usb
OK. Then I assume you need the app on your Likebook, a cable and some software on the PC. I have often used vnc over wifi to an android tablet. Worked fine. But I never tried using an e-ink device. I doubt it would be pleasant. SSH (text console) over wifi might be OK.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #160
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5br View Post
I have my (Likebook Plus) on (V1.0.2-20180102015) I have never updated it before. I am not sure how to update it to V2.0 without bricking it, since I have noticed a warning on the update page. Could anyone explain step by step how could I get v2.0 on my ebook without bricking it ?

Thanks
In this thread there are full instructions as well as links to step by step guides for some parts of the procedure. And others have successfully followed these instructions. If you are not comfortable using these instructions, then you can stay on your current version without any serious problems. There is no NEED to upgrade. Any upgrade means a danger of bricking your device. I doubt anyone is willing to guarantee that an upgrade will be safe. You have to decide, on your own, if the upgrade is worth it and if you are capable of following the available instructions.

You may find a friend that is comfortable with flashing ROMs to Android phones that is willing to help you. It might cost you a home cooked dinner or a beer or two.

Last edited by Adoby; 11-03-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #161
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5br View Post

Thanks
I’m running on a newer v2 firmware. I’m not quite sure which are official betas coming from Boyue and which are “optimized” versions from or for Chinese users. It’s hard for my translator to make sense of all the chatter on the Yunyaokz forum boards. At any rate, there is some reduced functionality for English users of the built in ebook reader so if that’s your thing, the Minor UI enhancements might not be worth it to you at this point. I plan on switching back eventually. If Boyue ever does release an official update, I’ll consider going for it again.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:19 AM   #162
bbm1978
bbm1978 will become famous soon enoughbbm1978 will become famous soon enoughbbm1978 will become famous soon enoughbbm1978 will become famous soon enoughbbm1978 will become famous soon enoughbbm1978 will become famous soon enough

Device: Likebook T80
Quote:
Originally Posted by csonger View Post
Hi Neru!

THIS IS THE RIGHT FIRMWARE!!!

If anybody has screen issue like me, could try with the following combination:

DriverAssitant_v4.4

AndroidTool v2.35 (same as RK Tool))

Firmware (posted by Neru): 1.0.2 2018060114

Thanks
csonger
Many thanks!
bbm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:13 AM   #163
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
Looks like has been a newer firmware version available for a while: http://bbs.boyue.com/archiver/?tid-36.html
I haven't tried it since my likebook works pretty much perfect since the previous version but maybe someone else could use this. You need to have version 1 installed before upgrading, otherwise it won't work.

Was hoping there would be an upgrade to android 6 but doesn't look like it.
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #164
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
It might not be an official upgrade since my ereader says there's no upgrading available.

Edit: that firmware is there since August, it's not new

Last edited by viceant; 11-26-2018 at 10:43 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #165
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
I should have been more precise, I meant newer than the latest version on this forum The guy who posted it is a moderator on the Boyue forums, he says it's official. I didn't get Ota upgrades for any of the posted versions fwiw.
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote