Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 02:34 AM   #1
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
[Bug] Image Reports Crash

This is Sigil 0.9.9 on Windows 10 (1803).

Steps to Reproduce

Open the sample EPUB.

1. Tools > Reports > Image Files.

2. Go back to the Book Browser and delete one of the images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Step2.png
Views:	207
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	164666

3. Go back to the Report and try to sort one of the columns:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Step3.png
Views:	201
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	164667

Instant crash. No error or anything.
Attached Files
File Type: epub TestImageReportsCrash.epub (10.0 KB, 133 views)
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes it is a bug. I will look into it.

FWIW, if you delete the file from within the Reports pane, it gets told about the delete and the old report is invalidated. By doing the delete in the BookBrowser instead, Qt must use signals to tell the Reports pane and sometimes that signal is not immediate. In general, deleting a file referenced in any report, the best practice is to rebuild the report as it will contain bad file references.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I have a fix for this that I will push tonight once I am out of work.

Thanks for the bug report!

KevinH
Old 06-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Fix was just pushed to master.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:11 AM   #5
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
This problem is wider.
Also applies to files: AllFilesWidget.cpp (after removing the xhtml file, css or image), HTMLFilesWidget.cpp (after removing the xhtml file), CSSFilesWidget.cpp (css file) and maybe others.

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 06-27-2018 at 04:51 AM.
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes, The Reports should have all been modal dialogs to prevent anything from being done behind the back of Reports. But people protested when I suggested that back in 2016. People should not be deleting files outside of Reports without rebuilding the reports themselves with the rebuild button.

I will try to fix things in a manner similar to my last fix.

Kevin
Old 06-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Push additional fixes to master to handle AllFiles, CSSFiles, HTMLFiles, and ImageFiles Reports when deletes are made outside the report frameworks
Old 06-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yes, The Reports should have all been modal dialogs to prevent anything from being done behind the back of Reports. But people protested when I suggested that back in 2016. People should not be deleting files outside of Reports without rebuilding the reports themselves with the rebuild button.
I agree. It never occurred to me that people would delete stuff with Reports open. I've always assumed people would rebuild new Reports after changes. If only Reports had been modal all along!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can 'rebuilding the reports' be achieved by hitting the Refresh button?
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer

yes, that was the original reason for it as far as I can tell. My latest changes basically force the refresh with almost every interaction/sort in the Reports to prevent cashes
Old 06-27-2018, 11:02 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That 'splains why I never seen the problem. I always have the Reports window on top, and when I want to give it focus after editing, renaming etc, I usually do it by hitting Refresh.

I think I was one of those who didn't want Reports to go modal.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I think I was one of those who didn't want Reports to go modal.

BR
Me too. (I also never tripped that bug)
Reports is a major part my working Fix it (cleanup) list.

I want to keep it open while I adjust the book.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #13
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
^^^^ +10

I like having the list of CSS in HTML to help find where there are classes that I'm not using. I double click on the offensive class - it opens the correct HTML file and I take corrective action. Then I go back to the still-open reports and click on the next one. PLEASE don't make it modal.

I have also had the problem with deleting images and not having the report updated causing crashes. I'm pretty sure there is a fairly recent thread about that around here. But knowing what the problem is, allows me to avoid the steps which cause the crash. If you use the reports window to do the deleting it should be fine.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote