Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
Anne13
Anne13 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Dictionaries

Last week I bought a Pocketbook Touch Lux, mainly for studying purposes. I plan on reading books in Finnish, but I found out there are no dictionaries specifically for Pocketbook in Finnish-Finnish or Finnish-English. I saw some old topics, but I was hoping that someone still had something lying around, as I have no idea how to convert the files. I read something about needing files such as 'morphenes.txt' for the goal language.

Dutch-Dutch or Dutch-English would be appreciated as well!

Anne13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
hi
while we wait for SIRStainer that makes also chineses dics 'on demand', do you have source files to convert?
I tried with stardict dictionaries but the converter fails

paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Anne13

I used a .xdxf from sourceforge. I ended up being able to create a dictionary, but I conveniently forgot to create the collates.txt, keyboard.txt and morphems.txt. It used the ones for English, which is of course not the best idea.
I now tried to create those files, but something tells me that morphems.txt is going to be a pain for Finnish. Gotta love agglutinative languages. If anyone knows where to find them ready-made, I would be very grateful!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The morphems aren't strictly necessary, although they are helpful. They can be the most work to prepare, as you said. I'd get the rest working and leave the morphems.txt file for last, adding a few easy ones first, and then more complex ones as you get better at it. The collates.txt file is probably more important for a well functioning dictionary.

I've attached an English translation of the original Russian Instruction.rtf file that comes with the converter software. It gives some explanation of the various files. I've also attached the Finnish keyboard file found on the devices. You should probably delete the lines with numbers and symbols like "@#$..." since they aren't necessary for looking up words in the dictionary, and rename the file to keyboard.txt. Finally, I've attached the collates.txt for Polish. It's easier to just look at it and get the idea rather than try to get an explanation of the format of the collates.txt file. You can easily create your own files for Finnish and Dutch after that.

For all files, make sure that you use UTF-8 encoding when editing. This is very important.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Instruction.txt (3.1 KB, 975 views)
File Type: txt collates.txt (887 Bytes, 619 views)
File Type: txt FI.kbd.txt (427 Bytes, 429 views)
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
christian.PbBT62
christian.PbBT62 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Basic Touch
Hi,
I search for dictionaries spanish-french and french-spanish for my PocketBook Basic Touch 624
I do not found any dictionary on PocketBook's support.
If you have site to explain where I can find translation dictionary betwen french and spanish
thank you ch
christian.PbBT62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I think this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=dictionaries

contains a lot of still valid information and links.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
Anne13

Thank you guys! I will try and do that :-).

Tags
dictionaries, dutch, english, finnish