Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #46
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
[...] I had to choose file by file. Preference is FBReader (why? because of the clock and the chapter-indicator (old style)) [...]
ohhh... I also love the old-style chapter indicator...
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #47
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Then I will have to merge the clock changes from the DR800+ patch to my DR1000 patch for the next patch release
Good luck!

Quote:
Since you installed the latest firmware patches [..] and press on the Application-view, you should see the (shortcut to) the application.
Done and works! Sometimes it's so easy...
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #48
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quick question - I just came across this thread and as I am pulling my DR1000S out of mothballs thought I'd give it a try. I have a couple of questions:

(1) Do I have to apply patches sequentially (i.e. first p1, then p2, p3, p4) or can I just apply the latest (p4)?

(2) What firmware should I be using on the DR1000 (1.71 is latest official, 2.0 latest beta)?

Cheers!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #49
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
(1) Do I have to apply patches sequentially (i.e. first p1, then p2, p3, p4) or can I just apply the latest (p4)?
I started with the p3. And when I installed the p4, most files were overwritten with the same version. So I think, you can start with p4. But an accurate answer should be given by Mackx.

Quote:
(2) What firmware should I be using on the DR1000 (1.71 is latest official, 2.0 latest beta)?
My DR has the latest beta installed.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #50
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Quick question - I just came across this thread and as I am pulling my DR1000S out of mothballs thought I'd give it a try. I have a couple of questions:

Cheers!
Hi orwell2k,

If you are still on R1.7.1, maybe it is better to first install the 'official' latest beta from iRex to get a feel of the 'original' before starting to use a patched version.

But if you want to try the patched version immediately that is also OK . You first need to install the latest beta for the DR1000 from iRex. After that you can immediately apply patch 4, no need to do p1, 2 or 3 first.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #51
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Quote:
It should be possible to port (although a lot of the involved code changed), until now it was not high on my priority list, although I used it a lot in the old firmware. I currently 'solved' it by making the LastRead-view my start-up view and are thus able to start the last document with pressing two buttons.
I could put it on my short-list/focus-list.
Right now I have my home folder as my startup folder. This way it's one tap to either "shortcuts" or "recently read". I use those about equally much, so this is the best setup for me.

I really loved the old feature. I could just turn on the Irex, do something else for a few minutes and then start reading right away where I was left. But this might just be me, and it's not a necessity by any means.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #52
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Hi orwell2k,

If you are still on R1.7.1, maybe it is better to first install the 'official' latest beta from iRex to get a feel of the 'original' before starting to use a patched version.

But if you want to try the patched version immediately that is also OK . You first need to install the latest beta for the DR1000 from iRex. After that you can immediately apply patch 4, no need to do p1, 2 or 3 first.
Thanks for the answers - I am intending to install 2.0 rc3, which I believe is the latest beta release, then I will try p4 after I'v eplayed with that. Cheers!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #53
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Well, how to remove the 'anyfolder' on home screen? After I ran add_anyfolder.desktop, it was created and then in this thread, I saw it's needless.
Please let me know the way to restore it.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:25 AM   #54
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
Well, how to remove the 'anyfolder' on home screen? After I ran add_anyfolder.desktop, it was created and then in this thread, I saw it's needless.
Please let me know the way to restore it.
Hi bokjeid,

Go to Settings->MackxPatch, double click the anyfolder, change its priority to 0 (zero), press the Set-button and then Save&Close.
This is also the way to remove other views from your Home screen. They can be restored again by giving them a priority higher then 0.

I just installed the anyfolder and could 'remove' it again with the procedure above. Please let me know if it also works for you.

(You can also restore by installing the original firmware again, but then you would loose all hacks.)
Old 09-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #55
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Hi bokjeid,

Go to Settings->MackxPatch, double click the anyfolder, change its priority to 0 (zero), press the Set-button and then Save&Close.
This is also the way to remove other views from your Home screen. They can be restored again by giving them a priority higher then 0.

I just installed the anyfolder and could 'remove' it again with the procedure above. Please let me know if it also works for you.

(You can also restore by installing the original firmware again, but then you would loose all hacks.)
Hi Mackx,
wow~ it really worked on my device, and also for other icons!! Now my home screen became more arranged thanks to that. Much thanks!
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #56
Mackx
Guru

Patch 5

NOTE: THE BINARIES ARE ONLY FOR DR1000 with the latest R2.0beta firmware!!!

I hacked some more code to incorporate the LastApp-functionality that I also added to the R1.7-firmware. This code is even more experimental then the previous releases!! The LastApp-functionality could relatively easy be added to the R1.7.1 firmware, however, it was not that easy with the R2.0, so I had to change a lot of code.
Timing is also more critical then in R1.7, the current patch still has a problem related to timing. When the DR is started and the previously-open document is started, the menu is incorrect. You will see the menu of the ctb and not that of the uds. To get the correct menu, first select the 'Folder'-view and then the document again.

So, my standard disclaimer: This is also a big hack, only very limited tested by me and less mature then 'normal', so my advise is to use it on the QEMU first. (Only the dare-devils should install it on their DR1000. )

This patch adds:
- Allows to start the open document(s) during shutdown, at the next startup of the DR.
- Uses the zenity-library (ported by Iņigo) to give some feedback during installation.

I created a small document to guide the installation and usage of the extra functionality added by the hack, see Programs\_mackxpatch\docs. I quickly typed it this evening and have not checked for correctness, typos and correct use of English...

If anyone dares to use it, please give me your feedback . I have only tried this with pdfs (so internal uds viewer), in theory this should also work for FBReader...

I am still not sure what to add next. The Alphabar-hack from yuri_b seems interesting, any russian DR1000 users, that would like this?
I also have 'add shortcut to Home' on my list...
And something simular to the 'MustRead' functionality from the R1.7.1 hack.
Clock-hack from Iņigo

Marcel.

(The patch also includes the changes from all previous patches. The first file need to be extracted to your SD-card, the 2nd contains the changed source code.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p5.zip (594.2 KB, 445 views)
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p5-src.zip (244.7 KB, 436 views)
Old 10-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #57
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks so much for this! I love it

I've been testing this Lastapp app quite a bit. It works with all files I've tried (epub, htm, pdf, djvu).

I can confirm the problem with the incorrect menu, but it seems to rarely happen (only had it once yet). Otherwise no problems with the shutdown and startup process. It works just as it should.

There is one problem with SD-card removal. When safely removing the SD-card the last open documents aren't saved in the dr.ini file. (They are saved though when connecting to the computer.)

(also if you need suggestions, perhaps an option to remember sensor locking after shutdown/startup? )
Old 10-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #58
Mackx
Guru

Hi rvs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
I've been testing this Lastapp app quite a bit. It works with all files I've tried (epub, htm, pdf, djvu).
Thanks for confirming that it works with all these formats.
Quote:
I can confirm the problem with the incorrect menu, but it seems to rarely happen (only had it once yet). Otherwise no problems with the shutdown and startup process. It works just as it should.
The pdfs that I have been using contain a magazine, they are rather complex and need some time to be shown. I can reproduce it 100% I have to chase this coming time.
Quote:
There is one problem with SD-card removal. When safely removing the SD-card the last open documents aren't saved in the dr.ini file. (They are saved though when connecting to the computer.)
I will to look into this.
Quote:
(also if you need suggestions, perhaps an option to remember sensor locking after shutdown/startup? )
I have seen requests for this option several times, I will see if this is easy to add and put it on my todo list.

Thanks for your feedback.
Marcel.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #59
rvs
Groupie

Quote:
The pdfs that I have been using contain a magazine, they are rather complex and need some time to be shown. I can reproduce it 100% I have to chase this coming time.
I can reproduce it 100% now too, at least with one pdf-file. This is with 64% percent battery. When I connect my power adapter I don't get the problem, so it's related to available battery power I think.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #60
Mackx
Guru

That is interesting