Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #526
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Strangely, none of Peter May's books are available to me in Canada in Kindle format from Amazon. I bought the first of the Enzo McCloud series back at the start of the year directly from Poisoned Pen Press when it was $.0.99. The Kobo prices for the first two books in the Lewis Trilogy ($8.99, $13.19) aren't too bad since I could use discount codes, but I'm planning to use one of my Audible credits to get The Blackhouse. I need to use some credits up this month anyway to get in on the $10 credit for buying 4 audiobooks.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #527
tothepoint
Writer
tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.tothepoint is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: Kindle
I can get a little jaded reading crime fiction (even though I write it -- or perhaps because I write it).

I like authors who push the genre. One of my favourite is a writer called David Peace. Be warned though, he's an acquired taste.
tothepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #528
ebook.lover
ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebook.lover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
My friend also recommended me Ian Rankin's books - I'm just in the middle of the newest John Rebus novel (and I can tell you the book is really good even without reading the earlier books) and I'm really enjoying it! I'm thinking of starting the whole series from the beginning

Btw if anyone in interested, I still have 4 promo codes for the ebook, just message me.
ebook.lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #529
textaddict
Enthusiast
textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I am a big Michael Connelly fan and have all his novels on ebook. Crime fiction is pretty much all I read. Anyone else have some favorite crime fiction authors?
John Connolly is worth getting into.

Every Dead Thing (1999)
Dark Hollow (2000)
The Killing Kind (2001)
The White Road (2002)
The Black Angel (2005)
The Unquiet (2007)
The Reapers (2008)
The Lovers (2009)
textaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #530
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Night Train by Martin Amis
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #531
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by textaddict View Post
John Connolly is worth getting into.

Every Dead Thing (1999)
Dark Hollow (2000)
The Killing Kind (2001)
The White Road (2002)
The Black Angel (2005)
The Unquiet (2007)
The Reapers (2008)
The Lovers (2009)
I have read most of the Charlie Parker series.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:48 AM   #532
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'd say Raymond Chandler and Ann Rule are two good ones. One wrote fiction and the other writes fact.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #533
gwhite
Connoisseur
gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Anderson View Post
For me, James Lee Burke. This guy's proof that some of the best writers -- period -- are writing in the crime/mystery genre.
How true this is, I'm certain his writing would have received much greater acclaim had he been writing in a non-crime genre.

I see many of my favourites quoted in this thread but have just finished an author new to me. May I recommend Terry Hayes: I Am Pilgrim. This is selling for £1.49 at Amazon at the moment and is a bargain as it's a great read.

Can I also put in a word for Richard Morgan as I'm always astonished that he is not better known given the quality of his writing.
gwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #534
ReneAZ
eBookaholic
ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReneAZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kindle Fire
I have discovered Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache! What wonderful books.
Her writing is exquisite. Read the first 2 - have others on hold at the library. Love her books.
ReneAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mystery ebooks, thriller