Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
rubikscube99
Enthusiast
rubikscube99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Download Error

I am planning on buying a kindle, and to test out my theory of buying a book without a US credit card (since i live outside the US), i did that whole gift card procedure
result:
50/50
i bought a book successfully, and it was delivered to my iphone kindle app successfully. However, when i tried downloading the book to my desktop to see if it would download (so i could transfer to my kindle via USB) it gave the error: (We're sorry, this title is not currently available for download. We are investigating the difficulty with this title and ask that you try again in 24 hours. If after that time you are still unable to access this title, please contact us for further assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com!)

hmmm, i bought the book, paid for it, it was delivered to my iphone kindle app. Why did it not download to my computer? i have not purchased the kindle yet, thankfully so i know that its not a waste of money. But i would really like to fix this??
thanks,
cheers
rubiks
rubikscube99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubikscube99 View Post
hmmm, i bought the book, paid for it, it was delivered to my iphone kindle app. Why did it not download to my computer? i have not purchased the kindle yet, thankfully so i know that its not a waste of money. But i would really like to fix this??
thanks,
cheers
rubiks
I don't think you can download it to your PC until it's been DRM-encoded for a specific Kindle. Until you actually have a Kindle, this can't be done.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
rubikscube99
Enthusiast
rubikscube99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
so until i enter my serial code for the kindle, it wont download? doesnt it do this for the iphone?
rubikscube99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
so until i enter my serial code for the kindle, it wont download? doesnt it do this for the iphone?
Correct. No, you can only use "Send to Device" with the iPhone/iPod Touch.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Look for an soft that will make the process easier. I don't have my kindle near, otherwise I would have told you the name. Sorry, If I'm no bigget help, but I will try to remember to log back in and post the name.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
I am planning on buying a kindle, and to test out my theory of buying a book without a US credit card (since i live outside the US), i did that whole gift card procedure
result:
50/50
i bought a book successfully, and it was delivered to my iphone kindle app successfully. However, when i tried downloading the book to my desktop to see if it would download (so i could transfer to my kindle via USB) it gave the error: (We're sorry, this title is not currently available for download. We are investigating the difficulty with this title and ask that you try again in 24 hours. If after that time you are still unable to access this title, please contact us for further assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com!)

thanks,
cheers
rubiks
Check out the section of the Kindle Myth wiki on the Kindle for iPhone app. It provides very limited access to Kindle books.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote