Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
JulieR
JulieR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR
Reader "scanning" for ages in ebook library

Hi everybody

I have a problem with my Sony reader for a few days. When I connect it via USB, it appears "scanning" in the ebook library, which by the way is "not responding", and then everuthing freezes. I uninstalled ebook library and re-installed it, but nothin has changed. The reader battery charges, but I can upload any new book.

Did this happen to anyone? Would you know what I should do to fix it? The reader is 3 month old only.

Thank you very much for your help!

Julie
JulieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I will assume that it is a type in the last sentence of the second paragraph and that "can upload any book" should be "can't upload any book".

Did you install calibre and select the install USB driver option? If you did this may be the problem as the USB drivers are only required for the PRS-500 and not the PRS-505. There are instructions on the calibre website on how to uninstall the USB driver.

Otherwise, I do not think the problem is in the PC software. Try a hard reset on the Reader. This will, regretfully, wipe out all the books you have loaded on the unit. I had to do it once. There are instructions on that in the manual on the CD.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
What OS are you operating on? Do you have any kind of antivirus software?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
JulieR
JulieR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR
Thank you for your answers!
Actually I tried it a another computer and it works fine. it seems it comes from the computer then. I read somewhere it could come from the act I use "sync" commands to synchronise my iPod. With my iPod on one computer and the reader on another one I have no problem. This is annoying, but at least I could upload books (yes RWood that was a typo!)
JulieR is offline   Reply With Quote