Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
vivek_cbe
vivek_cbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile Finally got my PRS 505

Today I got hold of my Sony PRS 505 reader. I had all the stuff on my notebook like the ebook reader software, Adobe DE, Calibre and some more utilities.

Connected the reader and updated the firmware. It was an easy process. Downloaded some comics and books into the reader to test it. It was good and clean.

Somehow i feel that even after a screen refresh the residual image of the previous screen is there.

The reader is light but not as light as I expected it. The cover is very nice but somehow i found it cumbersome to hold it and read it. The reader by itself is a pleasure to hold.

I dont have any memory cards yet and neither do I have the PSP charger. hope to upgrade to these in the coming days.

Overall a fantastic device. Slightly tough to read (i find the contrast a bit less) but maybe I would get used to it. It certainly doesnt hurt the eyes like LCD.

I am from India BTW

I learnt a lot from these forums and thanks to everyone for the useful tips and tricks.

cheers - Vivek
vivek_cbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_cbe View Post
The reader is light but not as light as I expected it. The cover is very nice but somehow i found it cumbersome to hold it and read it. The reader by itself is a pleasure to hold.
Welcome, Vivek, to the world of Sony Reader. The cover on the Reader will fold back unto itself, making the Reader easy to use one-handed. As for the weight, I find it weighs about the same as a Tom Clancy paperback, and certainly less than than hard cover books I buy .
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert