Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #271
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'm at 52 right now, 5 books ahead in my goal of 144 for the year. This is largely due to my new obsession with audiobooks, which I constantly have playing while doing boring tasks or trying to fall asleep.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #272
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I am well behind...but plan to make some head way in May and June. I tend to do better when behind. Hope to be at 35-40 by the end of June. Still will be behind...but much more time to read in July and August for me..... American Gods....not sure IF I want to take on that massive book.....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #273
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
A third of the way in and I'm doing okay. I'm not looking at the number of books I've read this year because I've been reading a serialized series where each "episode" is about 100 pages. Last year I'd read about 12500 pages by the end of April and this year I've read just under 15000 pages. This surprises me since I thought I had read less than last year.

My challenges are going okay. I've managed to read four classics, as planned, and I'm now reading the sixth book (of 34) of my age challenge, which is a two-year challenge, so I'm on schedule with that challenge, too. However, I've started several new series without finishing any of the series on my active list.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #274
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm doing fine on my sub-challenges, but I'm already hopelessly behind on the TBR reduction. My TBR has grown by more books than I read last year already.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #275
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I'm really chugging along - 47 so far out of my planned 100. I find that almost everything I am reading are series books, rather than stand-alone books. I haven't been listening to as many audiobooks as I usually do, though.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #276
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm at 22 books (of 50) right now, so that's still 6 books ahead. But that could change soon though, because I'm in a reading slump right now I have only finished 1 book in the last two weeks
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #277
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've got the summer doldrums already. Hopefully I can get out if June with ten titles left in my year-in-the-life challenge. Closing in on a healthy 10,000 pages and on book number 34 for the year.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #278
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
This is my first time setting a goal for a year. I am behind but hope to catch up by the end of June. That means I have to read 20 books this month and next to reach the halfway point.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #279
Stephjk
Cruiser
Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, samsung galaxy tab note
I'm behind, but about to get much more time for reading as we start our summer cruising season and move away from all the distractions.
Stephjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #280
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'm doing fine on my sub-challenges, but I'm already hopelessly behind on the TBR reduction. My TBR has grown by more books than I read last year already.
I've managed to reduce my TBR by seven! Hopefully I'll get it down by several more before the end of the month. I've already bought all the books I'm allowed to in May, unless some unresistable offer comes along.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #281
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just read The Road by Cormac McCarthy......nice read if someone is looking for a book.....
Old 05-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #282
Stephjk
Cruiser
Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just started reading The Iliad by Homer, could completely knock me off target!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #283
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
After taking a vacation the last few weeks and only being able to pick up my Kindle once, I am very glad that I was as far ahead of my goals as I was. Right now, I should still hit my targets, but barely. If my reading pace continues now like it was through March, I should gain some ground, but I need to do that in order to keep ahead of my normal holiday slowdown months of November and December.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #284
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephjk View Post
I've just started reading The Iliad by Homer, could completely knock me off target!
good one. but super heavy... I will try Ulysses by Joyce.... as... I have blown it off for years but with a 100 book goal...seems a fitting way to try... Good luck on your quest
Old 05-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #285
Stephjk
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
good one. but super heavy... I will try Ulysses by Joyce.... as... I have blown it off for years but with a 100 book goal...seems a fitting way to try... Good luck on your quest
Thank you. I've taken a break from it as I investigate a more user friendly translation!