Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Can't find the bookmarks for websites on M92

Hello,
I've got a problem with my saved websites.
When I open the Webbrowser of my M92 I can only find there the pre-instaled bookmarks for "Onyx International" and the English "Wikipedia". When I save my own bookmarks they don' appear in this front screen.
If I want to open one of my bookmarks I must first open the English Wikipedia, wait until it's loaded, go to the menu and open the bookmark-browser and there I can find my saved pages. This procedure takes a lot of time.

I don' have any idea what I'm doing wrong

My OS ist 1.6
Sorry but I dont want to download the 1.7 because it's a beta version.
That's my second M92 reader and the first one showed all bookmarks on the welcome-screen properly.

Has anybody an Idea what's going wrong?

Thanks a lot!
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Hello,
Has anybody an Idea what's going wrong?
Thanks a lot!
It's a bug, and it persits in 1.7. You may try adding the bookmark manually in the main web menu, even before opening the website - this works for me in 1.7, but I don't recall if it already did in 1.6
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #3
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thanks janek
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
It's a bug, and it persits in 1.7.
Very interesting ... I'm not the only one with that problem?
As I mentioned above that's my second M92. The first one (also OS v1.6) did not have that problem. That#s why I thought that this is not a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
You may try adding the bookmark manually in the main web menu, even before opening the website - this works for me in 1.7, but I don't recall if it already did in 1.6
Can You tell me how I can do that? When I open the main web menu, the only options I have there are: Screen Rotation, Safety Remove SD, Music, Standby & Shutdown
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Thanks janek

Very interesting ... I'm not the only one with that problem?
As I mentioned above that's my second M92. The first one (also OS v1.6) did not have that problem. That#s why I thought that this is not a bug.

Can You tell me how I can do that? When I open the main web menu, the only options I have there are: Screen Rotation, Safety Remove SD, Music, Standby & Shutdown
So this feature must have been introduced in 1.7. You really should consider switching to the newest 1.7 snapshot. Even though it is still an RC, it is in principle improved over 1.6 and if it doesnt work well enough for you, it is possible to revert back to 1.6.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I can confirm that current 1.7 RC is not less stable than 1.6 and it has some improvements over 1.6, e.g. working pen calibration.

I avoided early 1.7 beta, was disapoited by early 1.7 RC releases (I overlooked it is RC and thought it is final release...), but last two 1.7 RC are OK. Not perfect, but better than 1.6.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert