Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Hi md02439,

I used a separate install-file, see attachement.
Hi, Marcel.

Isn't a file /Programs/_mackxpatch/schemas/alt-pdfviewer.schemas missing? The script tries to copy a file like that.

Paco
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #17
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquillo View Post
Hi, Marcel.

Isn't a file /Programs/_mackxpatch/schemas/alt-pdfviewer.schemas missing? The script tries to copy a file like that.

Paco
Oops

I attached the missing file, unzip and put into /Programs/_mackxpatch/schemas/
Attached Files
File Type: zip alt-pdfviewer.zip (523 Bytes, 649 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Well, let's do a couple of comments in this hidden thread.

As you've surely noticed, I've been pretty silent past months here.
I bought a Kindle 4 last November and since then I've surprised myself using it more and more than my beloved DR800. As a cheap and small device I carry it on without much care...
Anyway, some months ago I got root access in the kindle and started looking for viewers for other formats (fb2, epub, etc).

I found 2 "new" (not so new in fact) great programs/libs.
One is CoolReader [1], an evolution of FBReader (and much better), that has become the default fb2,epub,mobi reader on my desktop and android phone.
The other is mupdf [2], a very fast program/library, for pdf reading, not based on poppler.
Both also works for Windows and Linux.

This week I've successfully cross-compiled both programs for DR. Mupdf as Linux target and CoolReader with a wxGTK gui (btw, I've built a wxgtk-2.8.12 ipkg as well).
They are not useful as they need much integration with refresh, user interface and many other details.

I suppose I won't have enough time to properly make them work, but I'm writing this in case someone is interested.

A native gtk+ & mupdf -based pdf viewer should not take much time for a couple of C-experienced developers. Mupdf comes with sample viewers. In fact, if anyone wants to try, I could help.

CoolReader is another beast. It's written in C++ so it's behind my skills.

My imagined perfect viewer should be something like [3], an unique viewer based on mupdf and coolreader engine...

Regards,
Iņigo

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
[2] http://www.mupdf.com
[3] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
experimental, pdf, vala, viewer