Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
NST: Book has cover then closes?

Okay old timers! I need your experience!

I modified the css of an epub then side-loaded it back onto my NOOK Simple Touch. Now the book will open to the cover, but as soon as I attempt to turn to another page the book closes, with the reader returning to a view of the bookshelf. The same book works just fine on the PC in calibre's eBook Viewer.

Has anyone had a problem like this before? Is it possible that there's something in the book that the NOOK can't handle? Does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
So, for the record, I ran the book through an epub-to-epub conversion using calibre, and that restored it to full function.

Good news, but I sure wish I knew what I had done that caused the problem!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote