Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #286
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgoe View Post
A noobe question is it I have seen most of the ereader goes invert screen blank before going to next page , why the manufactures have kept it there when they could turn it off . If I turn it off will it give load on my battery
I am not sure if you save your battery if you switch off the inversion.
There are two kinds of screen update. A local update that is used by default by all manufacturers in menu and whole screen update that is used by all manufacturers when turning page.
Local update is quicker, but it doesn't clean up the previous image completely. So you see "ghosting".

Most people stop noticing the inversion after relatively short use and I guess that manufacturers didn't want to risk people complaining that there is residue from previous image / page when they turn the page.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 AM   #287
bobgoe
pocket book rules
bobgoe began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I am not sure if you save your battery if you switch off the inversion.
There are two kinds of screen update. A local update that is used by default by all manufacturers in menu and whole screen update that is used by all manufacturers when turning page.
Local update is quicker, but it doesn't clean up the previous image completely. So you see "ghosting".

Most people stop noticing the inversion after relatively short use and I guess that manufacturers didn't want to risk people complaining that there is residue from previous image / page when they turn the page.

Thanks for the reply. Really helpful.
bobgoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #288
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Tomorrow I should finally be able to put my hands on my (replaced) PB360: one pehaps quick question to those that have used both: what is the difference between grayNM version and SciFiFan's version of FBreader180?

EDIT: just ot be clear, I have read this message, but it came before grayNM latest version.

Last edited by paola; 05-22-2011 at 12:00 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #289
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
You mean you read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=52 or just the entire thread in general ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #290
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
You mean you read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=52 or just the entire thread in general ?
apologies, put in the wrong link, I was referring to this message - the version, being "h", is newer than those in the (useful) message you link, but grayNM's most up to date version came after the release of SciFiFan's "h" version, prompting my question.

p.s.
mighty mouse just plugged in for the first charge
Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #291
paola
Wizard

actually, it looks like grayNM's version subsumed all, if I understand this post from the Russian forum correctly.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #292
Oldskool360
Oldskool360 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 360 Plus
Do these work on the 360+? I am tearing my hair out trying to find out what the problem is on this weird firmware I have. The FBreader in this firmware seems to be baked in so just replacing it doesn't work, and I'm having difficulties going the fbreader180 route...
Oldskool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #293
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
fbreader180 does work on 360+

violetdream:

The non built-in version of fbreader does work on the pb360+ -- but you need to use the version for pro, because the plus has the same architecture. All you need to do to replace the built-in version is put it in /system/bin/fbreader.app.

You might need to change extensions.cfg to use it first, instead of adobeviewer, depending on how that was set up. On my 360+ Adobe viewer was first in the list of readers, ahead of fbreader, so you may need to change that or open the file specifically with fbreader.

I've attached the extensions.cfg from my plus. If you need to modify it, you can change it and put it in /system/config.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pb360_plus_extensions_cfg.zip (541 Bytes, 699 views)
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #294
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I'm using the Pro version of FBReader on my new 360+ with no problems. Wrist turns work fine. Sometimes they stop working after 4 or 5 times of use then I get the FBReader popup box up and choose the black square in the middle and it starts working again.
(Just turn the device almost a quarter turn and hold it there until the green light comes on and when the light goes off turn the device back again and the page turn should work.)
I have it set for 20%.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #295
GinaA
GinaA began at the beginning.

Device: PB360+
Great news, I can't wait to have my 360+ and try it!
GinaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #296
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Maybe we can get graynm to compile a version using the new SDK ?
Last time I tried this I noticed the display wasn't as good as the default fbreader, and there isn't any newer versions.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #297
Rodney
Rodney doesn't litterRodney doesn't litterRodney doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360°
I know this thread is a little old already but I had to reset my PB 360 (not plus).
Unfortunately I can not mount it to my Mac with OSX 10.8 any more.
I would like to update the fbreader to the 180° version. Is there any possibility to do this via using the SD card? Or do I have to enter the System file?

Thanks for your reply

Rodney
Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #298
readerreader
readerreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Rodney

I have the same Mac system and have had to install fbreader180 (on a new PB360 original) using a PC. Don't think the SD card is an option.
readerreader is offline   Reply With Quote