Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-16-2003, 10:58 PM   #1
emale07
Enthusiast
emale07 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
comic books

anyone here a comic freak? I'm being introduced to Batman, Spiderman, Hellboy, and others by a friend, but was wondering what others read.

emale
emale07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:01 AM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Welcome fellow comic-booker! I'm glad you're here. Pull up a chair.

As for me, I'm still nostalgically attached to the X-Men, but some of these storylines make me say, "Huh?"

I really dig Alan Moore and I pick up everything he puts out. Every now and again he makes me say the "Huh?", but mostly it's "WOW!" But that could be just me. What's frustrating about him is that he writes, like, a buncha books and their shipping schedules fluctuate. Anticipation is a monster.

And in no particular order...

POWERS,
Astro City (whenever that wants to grace the shelves) (and just what is Kurt Busiek's deal? He finds time to write all these other comics, but when it comes to AC, he's like "Oh, my sinus infection" or "Oh, it's such a harder book to write than these others". I say Bollocks to that last one. If it's not selling enough to be profitable and he does it whenever he can in between these other projects, I can understand that. Just tell us. /end rant. Sorry,),
Evil Eye,
Liberty Meadows,
Optic Nerve (whenever Adrian Tomine can put another one out),
Tintin,
A Jew in Communist Prague (waiting for that final chapter!),
Lone Wolf and Cub,
Stray Bullets,
Age Of Bronze,
The "Big Book Of..." books,
Shi,
Girl Genius,
SteamPunk,
Savage Dragon,
OZ (the "Yellow Brick" stuff, not the prison stuff),
True Story Swear to God,
Ghost In The Shell (the *true* "Matrix". Major Kusanagi would mop the floor with Neo and Trinity and Morpheus and all the rest).
Calvin and Hobbes,
Bizarro,
Peanuts,
Various and sundry indy comics and/ foriegn comics that "speak" to me when I peruse the shelves. Especially when a quick thumbing thru confirms my instincts.

Whew. Finally something I know something about. I was so tired of going to all these PDA forums to learn more about my Palm and sometimes feeling so lost. Thank you, Citizen.

To maybe bridge the gap between comics and PDA's is ComicGURU, an app. that'll let you put comics on your PDA. I'm assuming like how we have that Turcic Comics.ixl channel, but with your own comics. I say assuming because that's a PC program, and I'm a trying-to-deal-with-life's-harsh-inequalities Mac kinda guy, so I'm just out of the loop. They say it's great, though. I'm saving up for VirtualPC because I hope that will level the olde playing ground somewhat.

Whew.
Going to go read now.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
chunlin66
Enthusiast
chunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it is

Device: Clie NX60
I like comic books as in comic strip books, like Foxtrot and Get Fuzzy.
chunlin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 08:59 AM   #4
Hammer
Hammer began at the beginning.

Device: TT
i love my Calvin and Hobbes and zits
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:02 AM   #5
Kurz
Enthusiast
Kurz began at the beginning.

Device: Visor Platinum