Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Popular Science gives "Grand Award" to Reader

In Popular Science's "Best Of" issue this year, they've given their Grand Award in the Gadgets category to the Sony Reader! They say:

Quote:
Sony’s long-awaited Reader—the first E-ink-equipped e-book reader in the U.S.—can hold hundreds of books, has a nearly inexhaustible battery, and inflicts no more eyestrain than your typical paperback.
So, a very good review! (In fact, it's subtitled "Goodbye Paper").
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
SoCal Bob
Connoisseur
SoCal Bob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iLiad, Palm Tungsten T3
11/17/06 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8636
SoCal Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Actually earlier than that...

11/07/06
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8483
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Whoops ;-) I thought it was new, since the rest of the gadgets were being reported on today by gaming sites and Slashdot.

Sorry folks!
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
... since the rest of the gadgets were being reported on today by gaming sites and Slashdot.
Quite understandable, just remember the others always seem to be behind good 'ol MobileRead!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Over the years I have found some of my best "toys" in PopSci. They seem to always get technology right.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:09 PM   #7
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
The main thing is its good news! ^_^
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:37 AM   #8
William Moates
Zealot
William Moates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie / Sony Clie / Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Over the years I have found some of my best "toys" in PopSci. They seem to always get technology right.
Another way to say that is--they always get technology.
William Moates is offline   Reply With Quote