Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #22801
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
'Pneumonia' really just indicates fluid in the lungs. The difficulties depend upon what is cause that fluid to be there. Viral pneumonia can last for weeks and weeks with no medical cure, only body maintenance, usually requiring hospitalization, and be life-threatening, where as bacterial pneumonia usually just requires a course of Amoxicillin 500mg twice a day for (depending on the current thinking) between 7-10 days, feeling much better by the 4th-5th day. 'Walking Pneumonia' often doesn't have either a bacterial or viral cause, but still creating the same fluid build-up in the lungs.

That said, one of the best 'preventative measures' is a glass of Bombay Sapphire... I'm protecting myself right now!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #22802
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Walking Pneumonia can be caused by a bacterial, at least based on what I read and what my doctor told me. I took a Z pack and prednisone. I had to take the prednisone twice. I suspect that the prednisone was given to me because of my history with exercise induced asthma and the month long coughing problem when pregnant. It is not fun but better than regular pneumonia. At least I didn't end up in the hospital.

After doing a bit of research, I suspect that I have cough-varient asthma. I do not get the shortness of breath, wheezing, or tight chest. I did awful on the breath test, which is unusual, but I did go to the Doctor three days into my second coughing bout in a month. I am going to confirm with the Doctor when I see her on Monday. Lucas is going in for his six month check up.

From what I have read, it can take a week for the coughing to clear up once inflammed and up to 8 weeks to get it fully under control. Given that the Dr has me on Advair for 8 weeks, I have a sneaking suspicion that I don't have the normal asthma. I love being different. I can't just have asthma, noooo I have to have the more rare cough-variant (only 24% of the asthma population has it)

(sigh)

The good news is that it can be controlled. I am feeling better today. Still a bit of a cough but it is better. I am keeping my inhaler with me and puffing on it when I have a fit and it has been 4 hours. It is going to take more time for the Advair to kick in. I am feeling a bit run down and trying to climb into bed early and get plenty of rest.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #22803
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey Stitchawl, you made it into the murder mystery on your motorcycle!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #22804
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Hey Stitchawl, you made it into the murder mystery on your motorcycle!
I'll ride anywhere for the experience. I usually prefer a good romance though...

Stitchawl
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #22805
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@Profcrash: I fully understand about EIA, since I have been fighting/living with it for years. Mine is the coughing type as well. Now reasonably controlled with Symbicort twice a day. But a cold or the flu can be a big problem, especially if I have been trying to limit the Symbicort because of the cost. I can get in the hole quickly, and start a major coughing bout. So stay on top of it, and be well.

Fresh squeezed orange juice.

Last edited by CRussel; 01-03-2013 at 10:47 AM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #22806
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I hate the coughing bouts and have every intention of staying on top of it. Not fun.

The good news is that many sites recommend drinking tea because the heat is good for the throat and warming air into the lungs, which is good for you.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #22807
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Coffee in my cup and I hope all of you feel better soon.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #22808
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Agreed, the tea helps some. But ask your doc about Symbicort. It's a combination of a standard maintenance steroid plus bronchodilator, and it has very much helped my EIA. It isn't cheap, but it has made a difference.

Meanwhile, a bit of a change here -- a mug of Ti Kwan Yin. I haven't had any Oolong in a while, and it seemed like a good time for some.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #22809
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Once I put a napping Lucas down, a vanilla chia latte to wash down my new antibiotic for pneumonia. Yeah

I think I am going to cry
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #22810
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Once I put a napping Lucas down, a vanilla chia latte to wash down my new antibiotic for pneumonia. Yeah

I think I am going to cry
Cry if necessary, but mostly just survive. The antibiotic should help. It's definitely worse when you have asthma, but it will get better.

Second mug of my Ti Kwan Yin.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #22811
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Outside of the cough I feel fine, which is good. I just want to be healthy.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #22812
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'm going up the country, babe don't you wanna go
I'm going up the country, babe don't you wanna go
I'm going to some place where I've never been before
I'm going, I'm going where the water tastes like wine
Well I'm going where the water tastes like wine
We can jump in the water, stay drunk all the time

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audxGqo5AkQ )

Good morning, everyone! It's another opening of another day! Sunny, but cold as a ... well... it's really cold. 3° outside, but I need to go for a ride. I haven't done anything more than run around town in the past week or so, and today the Japanese New Year holiday is officially over so the roads won't be as crowded... Gotta go for a ride! But first, some Keemun tea and a grilled chicken breast. Maybe even some rice. Yesterday we'd planned on staying indoors, but by noon we both needed some air and went for a long walk. That seemed to be all we needed to knock out what ever was making us feel under the weather, and by the 4th kilometer we were really truckin' along! Felt good! I hope all of your colds, asthma, etc., clear up as easily.

Stitchawl
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #22813
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad you both are feeling better, Stitchawl, and have a great ride.

ProfCrash - hang in there. It can only get better.

Coffee in my cup and a chocolate biscotti on my plate.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #22814
CRussel
(he/him/his)

May I recommend my sovereign remedy? Talisker.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #22815
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I am on to another coffee and biscotti now.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?