Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #3811
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I am sorry I offended you - I should have lied.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #3812
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Norfolk and Good
Lyrics by The Kipper Family

In praise of our county we're going to sing
Against this fine place we will not hear a thing.
If you speak ill about it, you speak a falsehood
For our native county is Norfolk and good.

(Chorus)
Norfolk and good, Norfolk and good
We are the boys who are Norfolk and good.

Now Nelson from Norfolk he took on the world
Lady Hamilton thought him an absolute pearl
But Hardy said Nelson was misunderstood,
He reckoned his kissing was Norfolk and good.

Now Kent have its hops and the Cornish their pasties
And Lancashire hot pot can be awfully tasty
In Cheshire there's cheese and in Yorkshire there's pud
But my wife's old dumplings are Norfolk and good.

Now the rich folk of London our county have found
Which means that the houses cost thousands of pounds
They all feel at home in our neighbourhood
So we let them know that they' re Norfolk and good.

Now our Norfolk turkeys are simply the best,
They sure knock the stuffing out of the rest
And if you tried one I'm sure that you would
Agree that our turkeys are Norfolk and good.

Norfolk and good, Norfolk and good,
We are the boys who are Norfolk and good.

(BTW, I am a Norfolk man, and glory in being so.*)

*As Lord Horatio Nelson famously also stated.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #3813
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I asked Mom if I was a gifted child...she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #3814
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
A blonde tried to sell her old car, but she was having a lot of problems selling it, because the car had 250, 000 miles on it.

One day, she told her problem to a brunette she worked with. The brunette told her, "There is a possibility to make the car easier to sell, but it’s not legal."

"That doesn’t matter, " replied the blonde, "if I only can sell the car."

"Okay, " said the brunette. "Here is the address of a friend of mine. He owns a car repair shop. Tell him I sent you and he will turn the counter in your car back to 50, 000 miles. Then it should not be a problem to sell your car anymore."

The following weekend, the blonde made the trip to the mechanic. About one month after that, the brunette asked the blonde, "Did you sell your car?"

"No, " replied the blonde, "why should I? It only has 50,000 miles on it."

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #3815
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant plucker's mate;
I'm only plucking pheasants 'cos the pheasant plucker's late.

One song where it's vital to avoid spoonerisms....
How many sheets could a sheet slitter slit if a sheet slitter could slit sheets?

I taught my nephew this little ditty and my sister wasn't too pleased. My nephew had it down pat, but apparently his sisters and younger brother heard him saying it, and they weren't quite as skilled.

I think I may have a new tongue twister to teach.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #3816
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #3817
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

I can handle pain until it hurts.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #3818
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
I love hard work.
I can watch it all day long.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #3819
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I felt like working today, but I played on the internet until the feeling went away.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #3820
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There a saying, "I wouldn't send a dog out on a night like this." So it's a terrible pun on night/knight and a mixed up old saying.

(The k in knight is silent, like the k in knife.)
...or the p in bath.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #3821
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Arrrh!, but before the yellow bulldozers arrived. Ford made me bring my towel.

So here's to you with a big lump of putty in my armpit.

pfffffffft!
That's just Perfect!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #3822
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
A blonde tried to sell her old car, but she was having a lot of problems selling it, because the car had 250, 000 miles on it.

One day, she told her problem to a brunette she worked with. The brunette told her, "There is a possibility to make the car easier to sell, but it’s not legal."

"That doesn’t matter, " replied the blonde, "if I only can sell the car."

"Okay, " said the brunette. "Here is the address of a friend of mine. He owns a car repair shop. Tell him I sent you and he will turn the counter in your car back to 50, 000 miles. Then it should not be a problem to sell your car anymore."

The following weekend, the blonde made the trip to the mechanic. About one month after that, the brunette asked the blonde, "Did you sell your car?"

"No, " replied the blonde, "why should I? It only has 50,000 miles on it."

Stitchawl
Uh ... doesn't 50,000 and 250,000 look the same on a 100,000 mile odometer?

Who da blond?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #3823
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:20 AM   #3824
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #3825
Graham Coulson
Magic mushroom tester
Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
Wink Eyes-inkowski

A Polish immigrant living in the UK went to have his eyes tested.

The optician showed him the chart with all those lines of letters, large at the top, but getting smaller and smaller until the bottom line was very difficult to decipher.

“Can you read the bottom line?” the optician asked the Pole.

The Pole took a quick look – “Read it?” he exclaimed. “He’s my best friend !”
Graham Coulson is offline   Reply With Quote