Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
Hairy Scot
Hairy Scot began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Count of Authors does not match folders in library

Calibre shows 1219 authors but My Calibre Library contains only 1189 folders.
Is there an easy way to determine what's missing, or what the problem might be?
I've had a look at the list function of CALIBREDB with a view of creating a file for comparisons but I can't work out how to specify a destination for the output.
Hairy Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Hairy Scot - click the 'Library icon and select Library Maintenance->Check library, the third phase will list the discrepancies between the database (metadata.db) and the library folders.

The cause of discrepancies is almost invariably due to folders and files being added, renamed, and/or deleted via a file manager, which is a no-no.

Given your database is reporting more authors than there are author folders, you can probably fix some or even all of the errors via Library Maintenance->Restore database, which may take a while. Before doing that, ensure you have a backup of the library as it is now and you've corrected the Check library errors that are not "Invalid Author".

I would do another Check library after the Restore database.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-19-2017 at 10:06 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Scot View Post
Calibre shows 1219 authors but My Calibre Library contains only 1189 folders.
Is there an easy way to determine what's missing, or what the problem might be?

Hairy Scot:

Co-Authors are Authors.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:40 AM   #4
Hairy Scot
Hairy Scot began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Thanks for the responses.
I eventually sussed it out.
All good now.
Hairy Scot is offline   Reply With Quote