Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #31
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Well it's using something that Adobe added to the standard. The goal is to support real page numbers (pbooks) rather than page numbers related to the size of the font.
So, does this mean you can end up with a page number in the middle of the (screen sized) page you're reading? I can see where that would handy for reference siting but it would annoy me while reading.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #32
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Nothing displayed on DE for me :-/

I found the issue with the metadata in the books from Feedbooks. It works fine with DE desktop, Stanza etc... I'll fix everything tomorrow.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #33
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
So, does this mean you can end up with a page number in the middle of the (screen sized) page you're reading? I can see where that would handy for reference siting but it would annoy me while reading.
Yes, the page is displayed on the screen itself. It's a bit annoying I agree.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #34
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Well, for some unkown reason, DE finally detected the device.

I'm testing an RSS feed on the PRS-505: looks very nice.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #35
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
I found the issue with the metadata in the books from Feedbooks. It works fine with DE desktop, Stanza etc... I'll fix everything tomorrow.
Hopefully won't affect Feedbooks-books, but I found another difference from the Windows version of DE: maximum supported HTML file size. Load an Epub book containing an overly large file and the Reader Epub viewer will emit a rather cryptic "Paging error."
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #36
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
Hopefully won't affect Feedbooks-books, but I found another difference from the Windows version of DE: maximum supported HTML file size. Load an Epub book containing an overly large file and the Reader Epub viewer will emit a rather cryptic "Paging error."
It might actually affect some books on Feedbooks that have no real chapters or any sort of division. Ulysses for example.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #37
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Just upgraded mine also, and managed to move both Epub and Adobe DE books
to the Reader. I had to register the Reader with Adobe first to move the DE files.

Everything looks very nice. The Adobe DE books do have some choppy page-breaks, but I don't mind those. And the text reflows nicely when I change font sizes.

So I think Sony did a good job on this upgrade. :-)
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #38
validis
validis began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
MAC FEEDBACK: I upgraded my 505 using VMware Fusion, The only issue I had was have way through the install the device gets disconnected for a sec and then reconnected.. you have to make sure when it reconnects that you tell vmware to take control of the device again.

Apart from that its all looking good so far I have not been able to get Adobe DE to pick up the 505 in Leopard , but I could pick it up in windows xp on vmware
validis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #39
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by validis View Post
MAC FEEDBACK: I upgraded my 505 using VMware Fusion, The only issue I had was have way through the install the device gets disconnected for a sec and then reconnected.. you have to make sure when it reconnects that you tell vmware to take control of the device again.

Apart from that its all looking good so far I have not been able to get Adobe DE to pick up the 505 in Leopard , but I could pick it up in windows xp on vmware
Unfortunately, it seems that the PRS-505 support on DE is tied to the driver that Sony provides on Windows.

You can still use your device as a UMS media, and directly copy files in ePub/PDF as long as there's no DRM involved. Too bad that this activation process is limited to Windows though...
Old 07-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #40
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems that the PRS-505 support on DE is tied to the driver that Sony provides on Windows.

You can still use your device as a UMS media, and directly copy files in ePub/PDF as long as there's no DRM involved. Too bad that this activation process is limited to Windows though...
Yet you dont see an thread on how Sony abandoned Mac users now do you (Sorry couldn't resist) Another thread was getting pretty heated so I feel much better now.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!