Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #256
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
You can't attach files to a PM, you will need to upload the books to a file sharing service (such as Box.net, Dropbox, Copy.com, SpiderOak, Microsoft SkyDrive, or many others) and send me the public link to the files. How to get the public link is different for each service.
I'll send a dropbox link as soon as I'm at home. Thanks!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #257
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@davidfor:
Thanks to your advice covers do show again!
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #258
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I tested the new version and put special attention to the bookmark behaviour. I tried several books, and everything worked fine - except the two books (two volumes of the same book) that drove me crazy from the very beginning of the plugin. Seems to be on the book format itself.
I see that you don't have a reference to kobo.js, did you set up the Kobo KePub file in the right place? That could possibly affect this.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #259
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
You recently 1.3.3 driver update seem to resolve the errors I was getting with calibre when transferring books to my Aura reader.

Thank you.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #260
Leonatus
Wizard

Hm, I thought to have exactly followed the instruction given in github. But I'll give a try again.

Strange that with some books it works.
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #261
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Hm, I thought to have exactly followed the instruction given in github. But I'll give a try again.

Strange that with some books it works.
Some of the Kobo books use "kobo-android.js" rather than "kobo.js". I don't know if the driver will handle one of these - perhaps jgoguen can confirm.

Have a look at : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...28&postcount=6 for an example. and at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=159 with subsequent posts for previous reference to the "android" variant.

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 05-25-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Additional post references added.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #262
Leonatus
Wizard

[QUOTE=BobC;2524349]Some of the Kobo books use "kobo-android.js" rather than "kobo.js". I don't know if the driver will handle one of these - perhaps jgoguen can confirm.

I read about that. I'm just coming from making the JS-extraction completely new - with the same results as before. This time I used a different reference book "Unicorn Western"by Johnny B. Truant (http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Unico...puw/page1.html). Don't know whether this is differently formatted.

Still strange that with another book sent to the device the plugin works still fine. It's always the same two that make problems.

I tried a further one, and there came again the error message: "Failed to parse ..." etc. (Unfortunately I haven't copied it).
Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #263
Leonatus
Wizard

I just noticed that the 'plugin-import-name-kobotouch_extended.txt' file in the Extended-directory has 0 kb. Could this probably interfere?
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #264
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you see that in a directory, then you probably also see driver.py, container.py, hyphenator.py, and __init__.py. Did you open the ZIP file for the plugin (Windows does The Wrong Thing, as per usual, and treats ZIP files like directories sometimes) or did you extract the ZIP file contents? Depending on which one you did, that file is either vitally important or useless
Old 05-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #265
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Hi all,

I have some troubles with a book.
The kepub version created by the plugin has some words 'removed'.
When reading the original epub file with Adobe Digital Editions, all removed words are here.

@jgoguen, do you think it's related to one of the #51 to #53 bugs or do I have to open a new one ?

Another thing only with kepub, I'll try to explain that but my English is not enough good to be sure I'll be clear ...
The current book I'm reading, a little trouble with the letters p, q, g, j, y (letters going below the 'base line') if they are on the last line of the page. For these letters, I see their bottom on the top of the next page.
Hope you'll understand what I mean
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #266
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Mingyar; have you tried changing fonts and / or size of fonts on the device? I've seen some occurrences (in ePubs) of words going missing with certain combination of fonts and sizes.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #267
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

It may not be related, but it's possible that some fixes I'm working on for those bugs may resolve this.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #268
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Mingyar; have you tried changing fonts and / or size of fonts on the device? I've seen some occurrences (in ePubs) of words going missing with certain combination of fonts and sizes.
Yes I did these changes, but no effect.
But, even if it worked, there is no problem with epub, only with kepub, so I think it's to be mentionned.

Quote:
It may not be related, but it's possible that some fixes I'm working on for those bugs may resolve this.
Ok jgoguen, I'll wait for the next release which close these 3 bugs before openning a new one.

Last edited by Mingyar; 05-25-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #269
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
If you see that in a directory, then you probably also see driver.py, container.py, hyphenator.py, and __init__.py. Did you open the ZIP file for the plugin (Windows does The Wrong Thing, as per usual, and treats ZIP files like directories sometimes) or did you extract the ZIP file contents? Depending on which one you did, that file is either vitally important or useless
I'm using Windows. The mentioned files appear in the Extended folder. Besides, there is an equally named ZIP-directory. I think I had first unzipped the source.

It was only an idea.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #270
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
I'm using Windows. The mentioned files appear in the Extended folder. Besides, there is an equally named ZIP-directory. I think I had first unzipped the source.

It was only an idea.
So, in the ZIP file, only the plugin code files should be there. The folder named KoboTouchExtended is where everything else goes.

Tags
error, kobo aura one