Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
indigene
indigene began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Reinstall Calibre after a disk crash, have a recovered Library folder

I had a system crash recently but was able to recover my Calibre library folder (148gb) which was on an internal data drive. The folder has the metadata.db file (56mb)

I have made a fresh install of Calibre (0.9.5) on Ubuntu 12.04.

How do I get Calibre to start with my recovered library?
indigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigene View Post
I had a system crash recently but was able to recover my Calibre library folder (148gb) which was on an internal data drive. The folder has the metadata.db file (56mb)

I have made a fresh install of Calibre (0.9.5) on Ubuntu 12.04.

How do I get Calibre to start with my recovered library?
2.5 ways:
1) Drop the ENTIRE contents of the recovered Library into the current, existing folder (ONLY if there no books have been saved into that Library)

2) In Calibre, (library Icon) Create/switch: Use Existing: <pick the recovered one >
2.5) do #2, then select all books: right-click on the books: copy to Library: <The new one>
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you use 2 do ensure that ownership of all files / directories is set correctly.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you use 2 do ensure that ownership of all files / directories is set correctly.

I thought of that, then forgot to write it.
Thanks for providing backup
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
library