Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
M92 stuck on "Low Battery, Please Charge" screen

I haven't used my M92 for a while, so the screen was on "low battery, please charge", so I charged it, but after hours of charging, there is no way to wake it from the this screen.

Any help please.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
nsg
nsg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
You could try hard reset, if you haven' tried it yet.
nsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Some silly questions : have try to turn a page ? the reset ?
I propose to turn a page, because, some times, after standby, power off, my screen present always the page before the standby.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

yes, I tried all the buttons. It will not display anything other than "Low battery" Screen

Last edited by FinancialWar; 09-03-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
I haven't used my M92 for a while, so the screen was on "low battery, please charge", so I charged it, but after hours of charging, there is no way to wake it from the this screen.

Any help please.
Seems a not too uncommon thing. Happened to me too. Warranty case.
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Did you try:

1. Turning it on while still charging?
2. Turning it on while disconnected from charger?
3. Turning it on while connected to a PC?

I recall vaguely that one of the above helped somebody with a similar problem.

Last edited by janek; 09-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
Seems a not too uncommon thing. Happened to me too. Warranty case.
So you had to use to use warranty for this? I thought it is mere software issue.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Try connecting to a power source then pressing the reset and power buttons together.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
So you had to use to use warranty for this? I thought it is mere software issue.
Hi,
I am just curious what is the software version you are using in your M92?
We have experienced a couple of such complete discharging with the old 1.6 firmware.

As far I know in the 1.7 there is a special routine to avoid complete discharging of the battery. It is indeed quite hard to reanimate the completely discharged battery in the eReader.

There are some ways to solve that problem.
1. The easiest way - contact your vendor in order to repair it. (Yes, it is warranty case, but shipping could be expensive).
2. A little bit more complicated way - open the reader and carefully remove the battery and send it to me as usual letter (cheapest and quickest way). I will reanimate and charge it with our equipment.
3. The way of hope - keep trying to charge the battery in the reader. You can try the advices with resetting and long power on button pressing during recharging.

Last edited by Booxtor; 09-04-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
I am just curious what is the software version you are using in your M92?
We have experienced a couple of such complete discharging with the old 1.6 firmware.

As far I know in the 1.7 there is a special routine to avoid complete discharging of the battery. It is indeed quite hard to reanimate the completely discharged battery in the eReader.

There are some ways to solve that problem.
1. The easiest way - contact your vendor in order to repair it. (Yes, it is warranty case, but shipping could be expensive).
2. A little bit more complicated way - open the reader and carefully remove the battery and send it to me as usual letter (cheapest and quickest way). I will reanimate and charge it with our equipment.
3. The way of hope - keep trying to charge the battery in the reader. You can try the advices with resetting and long power on button pressing during recharging.
Well I bought the reader from you, I was one of the first that pre-ordered. I don't know what Software version it's got at the moment and I can't check it, but I did remember updating it when I got it back in April.

Will opening up the reader void the warranty?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
I thought it is mere software issue.

Not in my case. Firmware was 1.6.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
Not in my case. Firmware was 1.6.
Wow, this is funny. How can a device just die because it's got a flat battery? This is honestly the first time I encountered this in my life.

Anyways what was the warranty process like? Did you buy from booxer?

Last edited by FinancialWar; 09-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
Hui Neng
Ebookreader

Quote:
Wow, this is funny. How can a device just die because it's got a flat battery? This is honestly the first time I encountered this in my life.

Anyways what was the warranty process like? Did you buy from booxer?
1. This was a first for me too. And it put the final nail in the coffin of this product. Right now I am using only my Nook.
2. It was ok, I would say. They seem to make the best of a terrible situation. Yes, ereaderstore.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Did you try my suggestion?
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
FinancialWar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Did you try my suggestion?
Of course I did. I tried everything and everything suggested.