Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
BlackFireNova
BlackFireNova began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S - Aldiko
Calibre - Galaxy S - Aldiko Reader - Can't see books

I've got a Galaxy S, and I've used Calibre to convert a number of .pdf books to Epub format.

Calibre recognizes the Galaxy S, and after conversion has clearly uploaded them to my phone. I can see the uploaded books in the Ebooks folder, but the Aldiko reader does not show the books when I open the reader program.

According to everything I can see, including the Calibre program, the books are there. The Calibre E-reader viewer shows them, and they read fin\e, so I believe they are converted properly.

Can anyone advise, what am I missing, or doing wrong? How can I get the Aldiko reader to see the books on my Galaxy S?

BlackFireNova
BlackFireNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Have you tried Menu button -> Import in Aldiko?
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I'm not familiar with Aldiko, and I'm sure there is some way to get the content into it, but at this time Calibre doesn't directly support Aldiko. There is an initiative to support it, but right now some donations are required to get the developer the necessary hardware.

Check here for info and links to chip in if you're interested:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103690
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
You should be able to use Calibre's "connect to folder" functionality too connect to your device's SD card (either removed from the device and connected to the PC, or via the device plugged in through USB). If you do that, you have to put the books in the ebooks/import folder off of the sdcard root (create that path if it doesn't exist). Then you can use Aldiko's Import menu item to scan that folder on the SD card and load them into its library. It's not ideal, but it works.

Alternatively, I believe Aldiko supports OPDS feeds such as the one provided by Calibre's content server. Rather than syncing books through USB or SD card, just download them over your network. Books are small and the transfer is quick.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldiko, galaxy s