Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
drazvan
drazvan is on a distinguished road

WLAN power management and IP connectivity

Hello everyone,

I've recently received my iLiad and I've installed dropbear and the start/stop network scripts from the Unbrickable iLiad thread. All works fine for outgoing connections (i.e. the browser or outgoing from rxvt) but I can't seem to be able to reach my dropbear server unless I initiate some traffic (for instance a ping) from the device. It seems to go into some sort of "sleep mode". As soon as a packet goes out from it, I can reach the SSH server again. Firmware is 2.9.5, this is the firmware it came with, I didn't upgrade it or anything.

Is this something that has been added recently or am I doing something wrong? The access point is a Linksys WRT54GS and works fine with my laptop, my Nokia 770, my SPV M3100 phone and a lot of other gizmos and gadgets I have around the house, so I doubt it's a router config issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Razvan
drazvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
sodb
sodb began at the beginning.

I experience the same thing. Even when I let a ping running from outside towards iLiad after approx. 1 min the connection is dead. Just entering iwconfig on the iLiad command shell wakes it up.
I tried normal managed mode as well as ad-hoc mode with my laptop.
In the wireless.sh script there is a command iwpriv wlan0 deepsleep 1 . Would that has something to do with it?
sodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
drazvan
drazvan is on a distinguished road

What I do is I let a ping go _from_ the iliad to the outside, not the other way around. This way it keeps itself up indefinitely. But that's an ugly hack...
drazvan is offline   Reply With Quote