Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Hi all. i'm from singapore and need some help!

i want to get an ebook reader badly, but the range i can find in Singapore is limited. i'm currently a few choices in mind. nook, iliad, sony PRS-900, bebook neo. which one do you people recommend?
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Check out the "which one should I buy" subforum. AWESOME spot to find many comparisons between the readers by other members.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Nelson. Check out Happy_terd's advice ... then get yourself a Sony PRS-505. You won't look back. It's THE workhorse. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Nelson and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
nelson7lim
Connoisseur

hello everyone! people here are really friendly! haha. Neil, you suggested the 505? what is it that you like about it so much? compared to nook, prs900 and the rest, what difference does 505 have?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Hello and welcome to MR!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Welcome to MR. Get PRS-900 its pretty. And I read books on mine
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
nelson7lim
Connoisseur

i like that prs-900 too! its beautiful.. haha! but its really costly. is it really worth the price?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  triple welcome.bmp
Views: 301
Size:  21.1 KB to Mobileread, nelson.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #10
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson7lim View Post
i like that prs-900 too! its beautiful.. haha! but its really costly. is it really worth the price?
Probably not! to be honest.

Being in Oz the wireless feature doesn't work. there is no clock or sudoku that you can apparently get on other cheaper readers.

This is the only reader I have actually touched so I don't have a comparison, but the screen is good for reading(sometimes a little glare from the touchscreen), and I use the dictionery occasionally. It will takes lots of different formats.

The battery is replaceable, something that I have heard others complain about with other readers.

I still love it. I read books on it, and that's what it is for.

In the few months since I purchased mine(on ebay from US), there are many more choices available, so I think your job will be even more difficult.

The hardest part is working out the features that are most important for you.

Good Luck.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:46 AM   #11
nelson7lim
Connoisseur

yea.. its a diffucult job really. haha. i've cut down to three.. or maybe two. nook, prs-900 and bebook neo. but i favour nook and prs-900 more. haha! i having headache every min. i keep thinking which one to get even when im eating! haha.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:28 AM   #12
nelson7lim
Connoisseur

i've cut down to 2! nook and bebook neo! but 80% getting nook!

Tags
bebook, iliad, nook, singapore, sony