Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Neverwhere
Nameless Being

Kindle Fire content and Australia.

Hi all,

I can't seem to find this information no matter how I tweak the google search terms. I'm hoping that you kind folks can lend me a hand. I'm looking to get a Kindle Fire, but I live in Australia. I've already managed to determine that Amazon Prime is totally useless in Australia (which is a shame!), but I can't definitively find whether Amazon's video service is limited by geo-restrictions. Can I buy any movie Amazon offers, in Australia? Can I rent any through my Kindle Fire? Or are videos a Prime-exlusive?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yes, Amazon On Demand is geo restricted. You can still rent and purchase without having Prime. But you'd still have to bypass those restrictions through other means to get them to play most likely.

Someone needs to pitch in. I travel with my content, but only like two hours away from where I live.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
yep yep yep geo restricted all the way!
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
Neverwhere
Nameless Being

How severe are the geo restrictions? Am I able to play things at all?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere View Post
How severe are the geo restrictions? Am I able to play things at all?
It would probably give you an error.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote