Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
ylsul
Connoisseur
ylsul is on a distinguished road

Pics of the Kindle 3 lighted cover

I don't yet have a Kindle to show off, so I took some pics of the new case with the built-in light.

The light is a bit hard to pull out. There is a little plastic ridge to help you, but a fingernail seems to do a better job. The plastic is backed by a strip of metal. I'm not sure if it is meant to be adjustable (bent). I won't know how good it is until I get my kindle!

The interior is covered in soft felt. Not sure it was worth the price, but it is nice looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(5).JPG
Views:	510
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	57185   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).JPG
Views:	505
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	57186   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).JPG
Views:	526
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	57187   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).JPG
Views:	544
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	57188   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	57189  
ylsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Yeah I did notice it was a bit hard to pull out, but it got easier when I pinched the tab/ridge on both sides of it and pulled. I was just trying to nudge it up with my nail from the inner side.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Good photos. I posted all about my pink cover here earlier:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96012
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
mcgrath
mcgrath began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
I just got both the K3 and the lighted cover about an hour ago. I have to say, the cover by itself is beautiful (as is the K3). But considering how thin and light the K3 is, the cover does add some serious bulk.
mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
ylsul
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath View Post
I just got both the K3 and the lighted cover about an hour ago. I have to say, the cover by itself is beautiful (as is the K3). But considering how thin and light the K3 is, the cover does add some serious bulk.
How well does the light work?
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
ylsul
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Good photos. I posted all about my pink cover here earlier:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96012
Dang pink!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
mcgrath
mcgrath began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylsul View Post
How well does the light work?
It actually seems to work pretty well. But it is sunny out and the best I could do was draw the curtains, so take what I say with a grain of salt. If you look closely at the light, it's pointing directly at the upper corner of the dark plastic part of the kindle. So it's using the falloff from the light to illuminate the screen and not pointing directly at it. You do have a bit of a hotspot it the upper corner, but considering how convenient the light is I have no complaints. I have a Verilux reading light at home, I'll compare the two when I get home tonight.

Last edited by mcgrath; 08-26-2010 at 03:50 PM.
mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle light cover