Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Funniest OCR typos

Perhaps I'm being juvenille, but I got a good laugh out of these lines from Munsey.com's version of John McPartland's Affair in Tokyo (a good noir novel, regardless of the typos):

I put my anus around Satin Shea and she pushed me away.
“Don't do it, Bob. It's not for us.”

Anyone have some other good ones?
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
From The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler:

He got his bottle out again. He poured himself a shot and drank it down quiddy, as before.

quiddy = quickly
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemeok View Post
Perhaps I'm being juvenille, but I got a good laugh out of these lines from Munsey.com's version of John McPartland's Affair in Tokyo (a good noir novel, regardless of the typos):

I put my anus around Satin Shea and she pushed me away.
“Don't do it, Bob. It's not for us.”

Anyone have some other good ones?
Yeah, "rm" -> "nu" is a fairly common OCR error.

Pretty funny to read "He spread his arms wide" with that error in place. Forgot what eBook I saw that in.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I enjoy the adolescent humor of Google Books' OCR's inability to correctly interpret the "long s" in sucking pig in older documents.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote