Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Hanlin V8/LBook Reviews!

The Hanlin V8 and it's russian twin, the lbook are now available. So far I haven't seen any comprehensive information about these devices yet. There have been some posts concerning the devices, but they're too well hiddn in their threads...
This thread is a place, where I'd like to see a collection of information, pictures, reveiws and hands-on experience with these devices.
Altough I own an Iliad, I'm still very much interested in these devices. Unfortunately I can't really justify buying another e-reading device just now...

So, all of you out there, give us some input!

Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Feel free to add all the "hidden" info from the threads into the MobileRead wiki also!

This thread is good, don't get me wrong. And probably even a great intermediate step. But the wiki is an ideal place to collect it all. We just have to all get familiar enough with wiki that it becomes simple and quick to add the info.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I for one wouldn't mind seeing the info in both places Many people are not accustomed to Wikis - so if someone puts the information down here, someone else could copy it over to the Wiki afterwards.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I mainly made this sticky because I would like to see some more publicity for the Jinke devices.
The Sony and iRex devices have a very active user-base on these forums, the Hanlin devices are a bit under-repersented which I think is a bit sad. The Hanlin V8 was the first eink reader after the Librié after all...^^
Old 09-27-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I agree. Let's collect the information in the forum and find volunteers to transfer informational content to the Wiki in parallel or afterwards.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 04:55 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I mainly made this sticky because I would like to see some more publicity for the Jinke devices.
The Sony and iRex devices have a very active user-base on these forums, the Hanlin devices are a bit under-repersented which I think is a bit sad. The Hanlin V8 was the first eink reader after the Librié after all...^^
Sony was pretty under-represented too. Until yesterday, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm hoping that representation for all the devices will swell! And the excitement about iLiad and Sony Reader should help to increase awareness for all the devices. Especially worldwide outside of the US.

And I'm also in agreement that collecting the info in the forums first is good, and gives us a chance to have fun with it while it's fresh. Then it can move to the wiki when the "best" stuff becomes apparent.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #8
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
I think a part of the reason is that most of MobileRead's readership seems to be European and American. The V8 hasn't been offered officially for sale anywhere outside China (and sort of Russia?). The V2 was supposed to be the Western device from Hanlin, and was their offering to compete with the Reader and the Iliad. I expect that once it's available, you'll see a similar level of excitement. I know I was going to buy it, if it came along before the Reader...
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
LVD
Connoisseur
LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Unfortunately, I badly know English language. It complicates my dialogue at this forum.

About lBook eReader V8 you will find the information here:

http://www.lbook.com.ua/en

http://www.lbook.com.ua/en/News/Photo-archive

Our purpose to make the device with good characteristics under very low price.

We hope, that for Christmas lBook eReader V8 will be on sale at the price of 280-290 dollars. And to autumn of next year the retail price will not exceed 200-220 US dollars.

The device now well works with books in TXT - a format. In the near future will be ready HTML and XML Readers. There is a program for converting PDF and DjVu - files, and as the virtual printer for job with documents MS Office.

For an output with this device on the European market we do not have not enough partners, certification ISO9001 and CE is already received.

We think, that because of the low price this device will not be popular in the Europe.
LVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I don't think it will be unpopular because of the low price...quite the opposite in fact...^^
Old 09-29-2006, 01:05 AM   #11
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
Our purpose to make the device with good characteristics under very low price.
I must admit that it is a good purpose and I wish you every succes on this way. I do not think low price can make device unpopular if the device have some other advantages besides low price and looks like "lbook" have them. One thing makes me sad - it seems you move in opposite direction to your purpose - the lbook in Russia costs about 400$ instead of promised 320$ and I don't see the way it can change in the near future.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #12
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

The price on the website LVD provided is 320USD. Thereis another shop that offers it for 315€, so it isn't really that bad.
the trouble is, that it's not too easy to get somethiung shipped to Germany (or anywhere in the EU) without paying a monstrous 16 (and soon 19) Percent import VAT!!!

I think this Import VAt is a real curse because it has stopped me from getting stuff from outside Europe many times. It is supposed to protect the EU market, but since it's being applied to items that aren't available inside the EU it doesn't really serve that purpose in my opinion...
It gives our governement money they don't deserve!!!
It's one of the very few things I can get REALLY mad about, so I won't continue here...
Old 09-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #13
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The price on the website LVD provided is 320USD. Thereis another shop that offers it for 315€, so it isn't really that bad.
Yup it is true, 315 EUR it is exactly about 400 USD so it is not so good at least for me. LVD won't sell me the book for 320$ I will have to pay 80 USD to this internet shop. I have the same feelings about it as you do have about VAT So, I agree with you, let's finish this little offtop.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Why will you have to pay 80USD to his shop???Shipping cannot be that expensive...
Old 09-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Why will you have to pay 80USD to his shop???Shipping cannot be that expensive...
It looks like I was not clear enaugh. LVD price is 320USD and price in this shop is 400USD hence 80 USD for this shop. LVD does not sell the lbook outside of Kiev. He is looking for a partners in another locations. This internet shop is such a partner. Shipping is not even included in this price.

Last edited by pkbo; 09-29-2006 at 10:09 PM.