Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
BusinessWeek: Reading the Kindle with Your Morning Coffee

Arik Hesseldahl of BusinessWeek reviewed the Kindle and gave it three our of five stars. His verdict:

The Good: Great for reading, portable, and easy to use

The Bad: Easy to forget to charge the battery; the rare pictures don't look very good

The Bottom Line: A fair, if imperfect, replacement for the daily newspaper
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I read the New York Times every morning. Since I actually plug the Kindle in at night, I don't have to remember to change the battery. The pictures aren't so bad, but pictures are distracting, anyway to me.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
"The Bad: Easy to forget to charge the battery"

What a moron. With prudent use of Whispernet, mine last a week between charges. The battery meter is in plain site when the Kindle is awake. What dummy can't look down at the meter and determine "it's time to re-charge".

I really hate when so called experts don't know their head from their &$% when offering an opinion that folks pay for and rely on for "good" information.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It's no harder to remember to charge the Kindle than it is to charge a cell phone (unless he has issues with that as well).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
After thinking about his review and based on his comments, I have come to the conclusion that he never actually touched a Kindle but made this stuff up. He was probably behind on the deadline and just sat down and typed something that came to his pea sized brain. C'mon, that isn't even relevant.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
The ONLY time I turn on the Whisper-Net is when I specifically want to be online. I don't find it any trouble at all to reach back there and flip the switch and the people that complain about that annoy me. Sheesh. Anyway, using the Whisper-Net like this, I've only had to charge my Kindle 3 times since I've owned it, which is about a month and a half.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote