Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Assign KB shortcuts

I wanted to assign Alt-T to the new [Title Case] feature

It let me do it, but Alt-T is 'hard wired' to the Tools menu by Windows which takes priority

If I try to also assign it to another feature, I get the message that it is already assigned (good thing)

Since Alt-F, -E, -T, -V, -S, -P and -H seem to be reserved, suggest that trying to assign one of those 'special' (might be others) keystokes also generate the error message

Once I figured out what I was doing wrong, it was easy to find a better keystroke, but it was a head scratcher for awhile
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	127221  

Last edited by phossler; 08-23-2014 at 07:02 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I use ctrl/alt in this situation, it
seeming to not conflict so much, but still allowing a logical shortcut.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's a lot to be said in favour of one finger menu's (as in firefox). Press Alt and the menu appears, press 'F', 'E' etc or just use the arrow keys. Works better with on-screen keyboards too. It's also a major reason I like MS Ribbons.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
In this case, Alt-T allows me to select text with the mouse (right hand) and use left thumb and finger to do the alt-T

I guess I could use Alt-q and remember that q = Title Case

The original comment was that Alt-T plus some others were already used by the menu system and could not effectively be assigned
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote