Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Unhappy Sony ebooks on nook hd+

I just ran into a bit of a problem. How can I read my sony bought ebooks on my nook hd+? It seems that they always download thru and have to be opened with adobe digital editions software, even when converting in calibre. Am I missing something here, or is this normal?
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Why can't you install the Sony Reader app from Google Play?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Apprentice Alf would be your friend if you let him.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Looks like I had a brain cramp....had tried the Sony Reader App before and it wouldn't work because I had installed it on too many devices. Had to contact Adobe and they reset it.
I had forgotten that it was reset...now the Sony Reader App works just fine..Thanks for reminding me of that app! Also, I do adore Apprentice Alf. But for whatever reason when I tried to convert in calibre, things just didn't go as expected. But all is working just fine with the Sony Reader app, so Thanks for jogging my brain cells!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The Nook supports Adobe DMR books. You can register your Adobe ID in the HD+ settings. After that you can just copy your Sony books to the Nook and read them.
Removing the DRM or converting is not necessary.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Is it possible to download Sony or Kobo books from their websites directly into Nook HD? I know I can install the Sony and Kobo readers, but would rather not have multiple reading programs, since the majority of my books are either B&N or Kindle books.

Also, can I download non-DRM books, such as Smashwords, etc directly into Nook?

Thanks in advance for any information you may be able to provide.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
Is it possible to download Sony or Kobo books from their websites directly into Nook HD? I know I can install the Sony and Kobo readers, but would rather not have multiple reading programs, since the majority of my books are either B&N or Kindle books.

Also, can I download non-DRM books, such as Smashwords, etc directly into Nook?

Thanks in advance for any information you may be able to provide.

SteveK
Sony and Kobo - You would have to download on the PC and disinfect them (i.e., remove the DRM. Google Apprentice Alf to get started), then sideload. Sideloading is very easy and I have no problems doing that with my books.

If you can download the books DRM-free through a webpage, you can do the same thing on a Nook tablet. Just remember that they'll be put into a downloads folder, not necessarily into your ebooks folder. They'll open automatically in the B&N reader program though, so you only need to worry about the file locations if you want to.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Sony and Kobo - You would have to download on the PC and disinfect them (i.e., remove the DRM. Google Apprentice Alf to get started), then sideload. Sideloading is very easy and I have no problems doing that with my books.

If you can download the books DRM-free through a webpage, you can do the same thing on a Nook tablet. Just remember that they'll be put into a downloads folder, not necessarily into your ebooks folder. They'll open automatically in the B&N reader program though, so you only need to worry about the file locations if you want to.
The Nook suports Adobe DRM. So you can read Sony and Kobo books on your Nook without removing the DRM. Just register your Adobe ID in the Nook settings.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote