Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Anyone know of a good Nook HD+ case that will stay closed

Hi everyone,

I currently have the groovy stand case for my Nook HD+, and i love it. But my only issue is that there's no way to keep the case cover to "lock" when closed or folded behind the nook.if I'm reading with it.

Anyone know of a case that is similar, but can lock or latch to the case if I fold the cover back, or close it? Hoping there is a way a case used magnets or something of the sort
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I ordered the groovy too. In the UK we have very little choice in cases as hardly anyone stocks them. I returned it as it doesn't close and have ordered the Lautner as that has a clip closure, it's a book one not a stand, but it will do for my handbag.

Edited to say, sorry I realised you wanted a stand case.

Last edited by Josieb1; 06-12-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Josie,

Yeah, I would prefer one that can stand. I might have to settle for the one you mentioned.

I look on amazon, and there seems to be some really good cases for cheap on there. May want to check them out.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Sometimes some of the sizes/styles of the Kindle covers also will work for certain other ebook readers. It pays to check out the measurements and check to see if there is a soft surround that can be trimmed or perhaps just elastic bands holding the reader in place. I'm currently using a Kindle case for one of my Sony ereaders.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
The only HD or HD+ case from B&N that has a closure is the Lautner. I asked them at the store and that's what they told me. I just bought one this week.

All the cases for the HD and HD+ are on sale this week for $25, so if you're thinking of getting one, now is the time.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The HDMI connector is also on sale at B&N.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Lautner case arrived yesterday, mine is the pink one, and its actually very nice.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

If anyone's interested I did purchase a stand case as well, I wanted a cheap spare case in case the clips break on the B&N Lautner.

I got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/GMYLE-Purple...ywords=Nook+HD

It does have a magnet closure but its quite weak tbh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	993.4 KB
ID:	106961  

Last edited by Josieb1; 06-14-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #9
crashed
Connoisseur

Thanks for the info guys. Quick question about the Lautner: Can you fold the front of the case back behind the nook, and can you use the latch to hold it back behind the nook?

I like to read PDFs I have in portrait view and that would be nice.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Thanks for the info guys. Quick question about the Lautner: Can you fold the front of the case back behind the nook, and can you use the latch to hold it back behind the nook?

I like to read PDFs I have in portrait view and that would be nice.
Yes, hopefully the picture shows enough. The magnet isn't very strong but good enough I think.

Edited to say the magnet won't hold the back to the front behind the Nook on its own, you'll need to use your hands, its more just a touch hold. But the cover goes back easily enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	797.7 KB
ID:	106970  

Last edited by Josieb1; 06-14-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
crashed
Connoisseur

thanks Josie, i'm definitely going to pick one up then if that's the case. Thanks for all the help once again
Old 06-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #12
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

I just got this one (in another color) from Amazon for $19.99:

MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio Cover Case for Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ 9-inch tablet (Full HD Plus), BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Feature)-Lifetime Warranty

The multi-angle bit is mainly for landscape mode - it's not really designed for the Nook to be propped up in portrait mode. But when the cover is folded back in portrait mode there is hand strap to hold it more securely. The cover fits snugly with a soft hooked clasp, and there is also a vertical elastic band attached that can also be hooked around the Nook to make sure it stays closed if it's in a handbag or whatever and to keep the cover against the back when folded open. The reason why I got this one is because it has vent holes where the speaker is, so it doesn't block the sound like the cover I have for my Nook HD does.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #13
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thanks for the recommendation, Xanthe. I ordered the orange one. I think the hand strap will be useful for this tablet, since it's so big.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #14
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

You're welcome. I've been satisfied with it so far. (I got the purple one, though I was thinking about the orange. )
Old 07-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
Sukiyaki
Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T-2, Nook HD+
Slightly off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Staples got rid of all their Nook HD+ covers a while back. They aren't listed on their site anymore. However, many stores still have them in the clearance aisle. I got the last one at the store I went to. It was originally 45.00, marked down to 11 and some change. When the cashier rang it up it was 4 bucks. Go me!
Sukiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote